SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

He plays hard when he wants to, which isn't often enough. He's a guy that can help you, but I don't think he's the difference in the Hawks winning another title or not. They need defense and goaltending. He's one of those guys that plays the game like he's entitled to be a star. I'm not a fan of his cockiness. He isn't dirty because he isn't big enough to back it up. He isn't the scoring machine he was supposed to be as the #1 pick. He's a great offensive guy, but he's not irreplaceable. His defense is lacking severely more-often-than-not.

his passing is really good, he played a big part in the stanley cup win.

Kane is not irreplaceable.

No one is irreplaceable. Kaner is a dynamic offensive weapon, AND he puts butts in seats. He is one of the guys people pay to watch. He might be a one-dimensional player, but his offensive skill set is elite. GMs have two goals: win and draw attendance and television viewers. Kane helps do both.

No one is irreplaceable. Kaner is a dynamic offensive weapon, AND he puts butts in seats. He is one of the guys people pay to watch. He might be a one-dimensional player, but his offensive skill set is elite. GMs have two goals: win and draw attendance and television viewers. Kane helps do both.

That's why you bring in another offensive weapon to replace him. Kane brings little heart to the game. A guy like Parise can bring just as much O-skill as Kane, and bring heart and a defensive game with him.

Trade Kane for defense or goaltending and sign Parise in place of Kane's contract.

What I am about to say isn't about former Sioux players but has anyone noticed how many goalies there are in the playoffs that played college hockey? Cory Schneider played very well in replacement for Luongo. Brian Elliot came out of no where this year and helped turn around the Blues. Jimmy Howard played pretty good for an aging Red Wings team. Jonathan Quick should win the Vezina this year. You have Tim Thomas he has led his team to a Stanley Cup already and his backup is a former college goaltender who won TWO NCAA championships. All in all I think College Hockey is being represented very well in the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Does anyone know if JGregs is hurt again for St. Johns? I see they are still in the playoffs but he doesn't seem to be playing much. Kind of disappointing to hear as when he was a Sioux he tore it up and was usually one of the best players on the ice for either team.

Does anyone know if JGregs is hurt again for St. Johns? I see they are still in the playoffs but he doesn't seem to be playing much. Kind of disappointing to hear as when he was a Sioux he tore it up and was usually one of the best players on the ice for either team.

I believe Gregoire has been a healthy scratch. Both he and Hextall had a tough first year in the AHL.

Brock Nelson played in 4 regular season games for Bridgeport registering 0 points, and in 2 playoff games registering 0 points. He was a healthy scratch for the third playoff game. Some Isles fans on the Hockey Futures message board now see what most Sioux fans thought when Nelson left early... that he needs to be much stronger in order to use his offensive talents effectively at the pro level. It might be a long summer in the gym for Nelson.

I believe Gregoire has been a healthy scratch. Both he and Hextall had a tough first year in the AHL.

Brock Nelson played in 4 regular season games for Bridgeport registering 0 points, and in 2 playoff games registering 0 points. He was a healthy scratch for the third playoff game. Some Isles fans on the Hockey Futures message board now see what most Sioux fans thought when Nelson left early... that he needs to be much stronger in order to use his offensive talents effectively at the pro level. It might be a long summer in the gym for Nelson.

That's what I was afraid of. You see the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I sure hope both players can find their way because they both are excellent players.

I think the most telling stat is the fact that he had 0 shots on goal in those games as well. I sure hope this doesn't stunt his development as I like most everyone here knows is that he has a long ways to go strength wise to compete at the NHL level. I sure hope his family pushing too early doesn't ruin him as a player. I think this happens to many players that leave high school for the USHL too early (i.e Mike Fink).

I think the most telling stat is the fact that he had 0 shots on goal in those games as well. I sure hope this doesn't stunt his development as I like most everyone here knows is that he has a long ways to go strength wise to compete at the NHL level. I sure hope his family pushing too early doesn't ruin him as a player. I think this happens to many players that leave high school for the USHL too early (i.e Mike Fink).

Nelson recorded 3 shots on goal in two play off games. http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=skaters&subType=1&season_id=39&tournament_id=0&leagueId=4&lastActive=&singleSeason=&confId=0 and 5 during the regular season games.

• 4 weeks later...

Matt Frattin lighting it up with the Toronto Marlies during the Calder Cup Playoffs. He scored two goals today including the game winner.

Via twitter

@UNDMHockey Matt Frattin is tied for the AHL playoff lead with eight goals in 11 games (on just 28 shots), including three game-winning goals.

@mirtle Including the regular season, Frattin now has 22 goals in 34 games in the AHL. Too good for that league.

Matt Frattin lighting it up with the Toronto Marlies during the Calder Cup Playoffs. He scored two goals today including the game winner.

Via twitter

Does this surprise anyone? It shouldn't..

People are finally realizing what we have known all along. One poster on another site said "with that shot, why was Frattin used in front of the crease on the PP?" I was thinking the exact same thing the whole year.
  • Upvote 1