SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

It is a work visa for workers with technical skills. No, didn't search it and no, not an attorney.

If you took the majority of your classes in Upson, Witmer, and Harrington, tests normally were about taking the concepts and principles you were to learn and applying them to problems you hadn't seen or considered before.

In other words, engineers.

I assume every foreign student, especially hard science majors, knew.

Why? They are not here under one.

It is a work visa for workers with technical skills. No, didn't search it and no, not an attorney.

If you took the majority of your classes in Upson, Witmer, and Harrington, tests normally were about taking the concepts and principles you were to learn and applying them to problems you hadn't seen or considered before.

Good for you for knowing since I doubt most others here would. Now though what is the problem with it?

That is different than a multi-guess test.

Very distinct possibility that I am or one of the very few that did. This is the type of responce people make when they themselves have no clue.

You know nothing about me, and whether I have a clue or not on this or any other issue.

What does your having the highest IQ in the room have to do with former Sioux hockey players?

Why don't you still post as "lomackman"?

Very distinct possibility that I am or one of the very few that did. This is the type of responce people make when they themselves have no clue.

When touting yourself so highly, you would think you would spell correctly.

• Upvote 3

Why? They are not here under one.

Good for you for knowing since I doubt most others here would. Now though what is the problem with it?

The problem it is this: That it exists at all.

The US is not developing enough home-grown, US citizen, STEM graduates to fill the demand of US business and industry. This is undermining our technological and economic advantages in the world. (The H1B was created so US business could fill those high-paying positions with non-US citizens.)

All the US seems to develop lately is ... lawyers. :glare:

STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math

The problem it is this: That it exists at all.

The US is not developing enough home-grown, US citizen, STEM graduates to fill the demand of US business and industry. This is undermining our technological and economic advantages in the world. (The H1B was created so US business could fill those high-paying positions with non-US citizens.)

All the US seems to develop lately is ... lawyers. :glare:

STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math

Right on the mark there. Furthermore, corporations will hire foreigners for a lot less money than an American citizen. How the visa is abused in themedical profession is even more sickening.

When touting yourself so highly, you would think you would spell correctly.

Never said that I was an expert speller. Actually I have always sucked at spelling. Spell check even has a hard time figuring out what it is that I am trying to spell. I have always read to fast that I never really have to look at the words so I never paid attention to phonics.

Right on the mark there. Furthermore, corporations will hire foreigners for a lot less money than an American citizen. How the visa is abused in themedical profession is even more sickening.

You know very little about the world out there my friend. Corporations hire the best talent they can find at the same wages. Truth is Americans have gotten lazy and do not want to invest the time and effort to get a degree in STEM or Medicine and therefore the only options are to hire foreign nationals who have the appropriate education. After 40 years in corporate America as an engineering manager and as someone who has two family members who are doctors I can tell you this is the fact. American kids need to cut back on pop culture and sports and focus on a technical education and a career that will be productive or the good old US will continue to be in serious trouble competing in this world.

• Upvote 1

You would have came to the question and only guessed since you would not have known the answer. So instead you pick at me over spelling?

Your college career must not have been very memorable if the only thing you can keep talking about is one question off of a Frank White exam that you got correct.

:)

How about we swing the topic back to Former Players and away from the "I got a better ACT score" talk?

• Upvote 4

You know very little about the world out there my friend. Corporations hire the best talent they can find at the same wages. Truth is Americans have gotten lazy and do not want to invest the time and effort to get a degree in STEM or Medicine and therefore the only options are to hire foreign nationals who have the appropriate education. After 40 years in corporate America as an engineering manager and as someone who has two family members who are doctors I can tell you this is the fact. American kids need to cut back on pop culture and sports and focus on a technical education and a career that will be productive or the good old US will continue to be in serious trouble competing in this world.

I keep trying to hammer this home to my kids. A friend sent me this video. It needs to be listened to without the kids in the room as their is some foul language in it.

The most honest three and a half minutes of television, EVER... - YouTube

• Upvote 2

Actually I know a lot about the world out there. The H1B visa is highly abused by corporate America. Engineers are the people who can not do simple math. Or design machines that are a nightmare to work on. Or build bridges (I-35) that fall down. Before you shoot off your mouth how about you research abuse of the H1B visa first.

Actually I know a lot about the world out there. The H1B visa is highly abused by corporate America. Engineers are the people who can not do simple math. Or design machines that are a nightmare to work on. Or build bridges (I-35) that fall down. Before you shoot off your mouth how about you research abuse of the H1B visa first.

Really? You sound like an unemployed, frustrated person who majored in an area that is unemployable in today's economy. I do not need to research anything. I lived the employment of STEM people for 40 years. You bring the tools, you get and keep the job. Amen. Americans for the most part are not interested in STEM. This will be the downfall of the country over the next 20 years. Go ahead, play your video games.man!

• Upvote 1

Really? You sound like an unemployed, frustrated person who majored in an area that is unemployable in today's economy. I do not need to research anything. I lived the employment of STEM people for 40 years. You bring the tools, you get and keep the job. Amen. Americans for the most part are not interested in STEM. This will be the downfall of the country over the next 20 years. Go ahead, play your video games.man!

What an angry nasty old man you are. Has your life been that bad that this is how you act? I enjoy my days by the pool getting some sun. Checks start coming in the mail in a week or so. Not enough engineers? http://cis.org/obama-and-engineers Seems like there are a lot out there being replaced by less qualified foreign workers. By the way I do not own or play video games. I prefer to read instead. I suppose you stay away from East Lake Street also.

OK. There's the request. And a political link (which is against the forum rules).

Folks, back on subject. Only warning.

Signed,

The Management

Thought for a minute I was on S.A.B. or the Huffington, Post webpage.