SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Trying to open up old wounds, are you? :wink::p

Haha!  :)

It was sweet justice watching Spiewak score a minute into that game in 2001.  The entire pregame had been about how dominant and amazing Ryan Miller was in goal.
Then 2 shifts into the game and Spiewak pots one.  And Karl quietly pitches a shutout on the other end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irish said:

Nice article on Central goalie Kaleb Johnson in todays Heraldo.  Can anyone fill me in on his recruitment?  Sorry if this has been mentioned previously - I must have missed it.  Is he someone we are interested in/recruiting?

I think a lot depends on this year for the kid.  Great numbers for Central, but was rarely tested with the teams playing in front of him the past two seasons.

One year in Cloquet, then maybe a USHL club for a year or two and college hockey could be a possibility.

Living in Grand Forks and hanging around the Ralph with NHL guys you would think Bubbs has given him a look. 

Is anyone familiar with the talent of the Bantam Elite league?   What percentage of the top MN players opt to play in this league?  In looking at the ND team I know ND could field a MUCH better team if you could hand-pick a team.  The bottom half/third of the players are definitely not elite for that age group.

24 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Is anyone familiar with the talent of the Bantam Elite league?   What percentage of the top MN players opt to play in this league?  In looking at the ND team I know ND could field a MUCH better team if you could hand-pick a team.  The bottom half/third of the players are definitely not elite for that age group.

It is hand-picked.  https://www.bantamelite.com/page/show/869649-about

The BEL is an invite only league designed for players who will be first year Bantams (Minors) and returning for their second year of Bantams (Majors).

Now, to your point, the percentage of kids who accept the invitation would certainly be telling.  And there are plenty of reasons why a player might pass.

But the fact that ND finished in third place (out of 9) and had 3 first-team all-stars tells me you might be underestimating the process.

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

It is hand-picked.  https://www.bantamelite.com/page/show/869649-about

Now, to your point, the percentage of kids who accept the invitation would certainly be telling.  And there are plenty of reasons why a player might pass.

But the fact that ND finished in third place (out of 9) and had 3 first-team all-stars tells me you might be underestimating the process.

This is a great league with some of the best MN bantam players.  The only high end MN players not playing are those that are going to play in the HS Elite league instead (Nick Pierre, etc.).

On 8/28/2018 at 9:13 PM, ChadR said:

Cole Spicer named MVP of Bantam Elite League. Ausmus and Panzer also make first team all star. 

I’m anxious to see the kind of season Spicer has for Central (where I was told he was going).  Those teams in the BEL have got to be at the level of a good portion of ND high school teams, and for him to not be held off the score sheet at all and finish top five in scoring after missing games is unreal.

Get the kid on campus......

• 3 weeks later...
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits