SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

14 minutes ago, burd said:

If you are a kid who likes the big campus feel, it's gonna be awful hard to compete, no matter how good UND's program is.  

And being from around Toronto, it isn't that far for family and friends to watch him play.  

1 hour ago, burd said:

If you are a kid who likes the big campus feel, it's gonna be awful hard to compete, no matter how good UND's program is.  

Agreed.....and there is nothing wrong with Michigan's program either.  Their recruiting classes coming up are loaded.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:02 PM, Wilbur said:

Cole Spicer playing for Central this year I see.  After next season I could see him taking the Caufield route.  

Over under for his points this season?  I'll say 40. 

He's finding out High School is a little harder than bantams, huh? 1-2-3 on the year when they've scored 36 goals already.

39 minutes ago, ChadR said:

He's finding out High School is a little harder than bantams, huh? 1-2-3 on the year when they've scored 36 goals already.

Haven't seen him play, but a saw a line chart that showed him on the fourth line. If that's the case he's probably not getting any PP time either. Maybe others who've seen him in person can chime in, but if you're a fourth liner with no PP time that would limit his opportunities. Central is pretty stacked from what I understand and he's only a freshman.

6 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Haven't seen him play, but a saw a line chart that showed him on the fourth line. If that's the case he's probably not getting any PP time either. Maybe others who've seen him in person can chime in, but if you're a fourth liner with no PP time that would limit his opportunities. Central is pretty stacked from what I understand and he's only a freshman.

Yeah, his positioning in the lineup is very interesting.  3 pts in 3 games is not that great given the amount of goals they have scored and his talent level.  He should move up here soon.  Not sure if it's the coach keeping him down because of his age or not.

15 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Yeah, his positioning in the lineup is very interesting.  3 pts in 3 games is not that great given the amount of goals they have scored and his talent level.  He should move up here soon.  Not sure if it's the coach keeping him down because of his age or not.

Not sure where he is as far as age goes but if he was still able to play Bantams that might have been the better choice. 60+ games against good Minnesota teams vs. 20 games and a limited role against a mixed bag of ND competition.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, petey23 said:

Not sure where he is as far as age goes but if he was still able to play Bantams that might have been the better choice. 60+ games against good Minnesota teams vs. 20 games and a limited role against a mixed bag of ND competition.

Agreed.  But he dominated last year so playing against bigger kids should challenge him more (just my opinion on development).  Also, he plays all spring/summer so the reduced games aren’t that big of a deal.  Seasons have flip flopped. Games all summer long train in the winter 

18 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Saw on twitter for the first ‘05 commitment in college hockey.... damn that’s a PeeWee

Actually a women’s hockey commit...... but still... damn

@whockeyCommits

Sammy Taber (North Shore Vipers U13)

commits to Boston College for 2023-2024

Those Catholics believe that if you can get pregnant you can commit to a college hockey program. 

You just can't undo your commitment. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of talented upperclassman at Central, I wouldn’t worry about Spicer.  The cupboard isn’t bare in GF for prospects coming up either. GF Aviators have shot up to #2 in MN Bantam AA. After a slow start in their first tournament, they have rattled off 17 in a row without Cole Spicer who was eligible to play for them again this year.  Their actual record is 17-2-1 but MN rankings don’t include games in Canada.

8D1A8AB2-3ED2-4729-8094-6D4616DDCA5E.png

19 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

Lots of talented upperclassman at Central, I wouldn’t worry about Spicer.  The cupboard isn’t bare in GF for prospects coming up either. GF Aviators have shot up to #2 in MN Bantam AA. After a slow start in their first tournament, they have rattled off 17 in a row without Cole Spicer who was eligible to play for them again this year.  Their actual record is 17-2-1 but MN rankings don’t include games in Canada.

8D1A8AB2-3ED2-4729-8094-6D4616DDCA5E.png

Is Panzer on our coaches radar yet?

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Dan2179 said:

Any one know if we are pursuing Matias Maccelli,  have a realistic shot at him? He's having a heck of a season in USHL. 

Not sure, but they could put him on a line with Michael Mancinelli, and they could be the M&M line. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dan2179 said:

Any one know if we are pursuing Matias Maccelli,  have a realistic shot at him? He's having a heck of a season in USHL. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Not sure, but they could put him on a line with Michael Mancinelli, and they could be the M&M line. 

And there’s Matias Mantykivi from Finland to center them.  Definitely a tongue twister line!