SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

6 minutes ago, franchise said:

You don't think Donovan will do a year of juniors?

I honestly have no idea.  I know he's taking the "very slow/cautious" development approach however he is ranked very high.  I have a hard time believing he'll go late 1st/early 2nd playing HS hockey but you never know.  I watched him play at the AAPG and he didn't necessarily stand out.  He definitely could play in the USHL next season.

35 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I honestly have no idea.  I know he's taking the "very slow/cautious" development approach however he is ranked very high.  I have a hard time believing he'll go late 1st/early 2nd playing HS hockey but you never know.  I watched him play at the AAPG and he didn't necessarily stand out.  He definitely could play in the USHL next season.

I don't get to see him a lot, but agree that he's not flashy.  Just seems to make the smart plays

6 minutes ago, ajries18 said:

@scpa0305 @tnt @franchise @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer @AJS

You guys seem to be the recruiting experts here.

Any concern that we don't have any 03's or 04's committed yet?

Not sure….those age groups are super young.  A ton of the top 03's and some of the very top 04's are already off the board.  I am not overly concerned but it is odd we don't have an 03 yet.

21 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Kent Johnson would be a nice pickup out of the BCHL.

Ok...this is slightly weird.  I almost posted this about 20 minutes ago.  Let me guess...you read the OP's message, went to the BCHL website (leaders page), and went down until you found some young player :)

But in all seriousness, he's doing pretty good.  late '02

6 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Ok...this is slightly weird.  I almost posted this about 20 minutes ago.  Let me guess...you read the OP's message, went to the BCHL website (leaders page), and went down until you found some young player :)

But in all seriousness, he's doing pretty good.  late '02

No I didn’t lol

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Not sure….those age groups are super young.  A ton of the top 03's and some of the very top 04's are already off the board.  I am not overly concerned but it is odd we don't have an 03 yet.

This is my thought as well, it's tough to be concerned given the track record of the coaching staff and the classes they have lined up in '19 & '20. Do I think it's weird they don't, definitely. Last year at this time they had three 02's already lined up. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a mini run though over the next couple of months of 03's.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

So something must be wrong at BC...Patrick Moynihan ever so discretely flipped from Providence to BC over the weekend.  How didn't we get on any of these high end BC de-commits?

Without looking through a list, I'm guessing most are from the East coast and after they de-commit they choose to stay out East. Seems pretty natural.