SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 12:14 PM, Dan2179 said:

Any one know if we are pursuing Matias Maccelli,  have a realistic shot at him? He's having a heck of a season in USHL. 

He is now one the leading scorers in the USHL, so with our problems scoring we better be after him, although I'm sure they think they have enough scorers coming in next year.  Guess what, we have seen numerous guys not transition well, so error on the side of more guys with scoring touch.  With the new scoreboard coming, mock up a video for him on the huge video board and get him committed.

12 hours ago, ChadR said:

Potential recruit Cole Spicer scored in OT to beat Red River 4-3. He’s really picked up the point production and now has 10-10-20 as a freshman playing on a very good team.

Also still only on the fourth line and he quarterbacks their second powerplay unit.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:12 PM, tnt said:

He is now one the leading scorers in the USHL, so with our problems scoring we better be after him, although I'm sure they think they have enough scorers coming in next year.  Guess what, we have seen numerous guys not transition well, so error on the side of more guys with scoring touch.  With the new scoreboard coming, mock up a video for him on the huge video board and get him committed.

I doubt he's eligible or even has interest.  He would be committed already if he was interested.

On 2/2/2019 at 2:28 AM, AJS said:

Anyone watched East Grand and Trey Ausmus this year? Pretty impressive stat line as a Freshman Dman. 7 goals 11 assists in 20 games. Tied for 4th on the team in scoring and leads the d-core by a wide margin. 

He’s a great young player.  

Anyone know much about Thomas Bordeleau of the development team and Carsen Richels of Blaine.   Bordeleau seems to be doing very well, but is one of the few not committed.  Is he even interested in college?   Also, Carsen Richels is a Junior that is putting up very good numbers for Blaine.  Is part of it that he is playing with Brodzinski?  He seems to have a knack for scoring goals, we could use someone like Brandon Bochenski even if they don't skate well.  Have no idea what kind of skater Richels is but I imagine he has some offers out there but maybe waiting for the right one. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Anyone know much about Thomas Bordeleau of the development team and Carsen Richels of Blaine.   Bordeleau seems to be doing very well, but is one of the few not committed.  Is he even interested in college?   Also, Carsen Richels is a Junior that is putting up very good numbers for Blaine.  Is part of it that he is playing with Brodzinski?  He seems to have a knack for scoring goals, we could use someone like Brandon Bochenski even if they don't skate well.  Have no idea what kind of skater Richels is but I imagine he has some offers out there but maybe waiting for the right one. 

Bordeleau would be a great get, Dad played in the show.  I'm guessing he goes to one of the East Coast schools if he plays college. Maybe check out which schools he follows on Twitter.  That typically gives you a reasonable clue.

Richels plays with Brodzinski, I would say that has a ton to do with it.

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Agreed...he was really good when he was younger.  Hasn't had the production at the HS level though, obviously still a ton of time though.

I noticed that coach Berry is following him. (I saw your post earlier on players and twitter follower.) IRC, he was injured and was out for a while. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2019 at 7:58 AM, tnt said:

Ok I’m more locked into this Richels kid...he had 5 assists last night. Absolutely putting up video game numbers.  Avg over 3 pts a game in a conference that’s definitely not easy. He’s a big kid, curious if his skating is iffy