SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

1 hour ago, MGsioux said:

So Alex Bump just entered the portal per Schloss.  When do they announce him as a new UND committ

Dang, that VT Twitter account must feel sheepish. ;)
I thought a player couldn’t enter the transfer portal after a certain date?

Timing would work out for a MN commitment for sure, Motzko I’m guessing would be feeling a bit stressed after the late Cooley signing and needing to add some skill (and numbers) up front. 

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Timing would work out for a MN commitment for sure, Motzko I’m guessing would be feeling a bit stressed after the late Cooley signing and needing to add some skill (and numbers) up front. 

Bump to Minnesota would make a lot of sense.  Then a CHN story about tampering in the portal right?

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Coaching change and scholarship reduction are the reasons allowed outside the normal window. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

He’s so good. I’ve him play multiple times. He has to be the best 07 in the country.

I've heard he's super quick on his skates.  Would be great to continue to progress back to the "speed kills" UND days.
I haven't been able to find anywhere that lists his narrowed down college choices.  As @ChadR asked above...I wonder if Berry can seal the deal with him and/or Hensler...those high end blue chippahs have eluded us since Sanderson.

Gopher fans already have Bump penciled into their top line for next season.  :)
His USHL stats certainly don't jump off the page, but with only 12 forwards on their roster, they need to add some players ASAP.

34 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I've heard he's super quick on his skates.  Would be great to continue to progress back to the "speed kills" UND days.
I haven't been able to find anywhere that lists his narrowed down college choices.  As @ChadR asked above...I wonder if Berry can seal the deal with him and/or Hensler...those high end blue chippahs have eluded us since Sanderson.

His USHL stats certainly don't jump off the page, but with only 12 forwards on their roster, they need to add some players ASAP.

Potter I do not believe is considering UND, though I haven’t seen all the schools he’s considering- it’s believed BU is the favorite. 

Question:   Now that we pretty much know what the lineup card will look like most nights this year, absent injuries and scratches (and a last minute Gretzky-like addition), which past Sioux team will look the most like this year's team?  In January, not October. 

So I can get a preview on the memories thread.  Panzer era too much to hope for?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, burd said:

Question:   Now that we pretty much know what the lineup card will look like most nights this year, absent injuries and scratches (and a last minute Gretzky-like add), which past Sioux team will look the most like this year's team?  In January, not October. 

So I can get a preview on the memories thread.  Panzer era too much to hope for?

A perfect mix between the Hrkac Circus, DOT, Pony Express & CBS team

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, burd said:

OK.  So who fills the Hrkac, Toews, Oshie, and, especially, Trupp roles?

I'd guess Gaber, Blake, Perron, and James.
Although that's a really tough matchup since Gaber doesn't have the hands of Hrkac and I don't think Perron is gonna lay anyone out like Oshie could.  ;) 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Although that's a really tough matchup since Gaber doesn't have the hands of Hrkac and I don't think Perron is gonna lay anyone out like Oshie could.  ;) 

I'd sure be delighted to get a Trupp.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Although that's a really tough matchup since Gaber doesn't have the hands of Hrkac and I don't think Perron is gonna lay anyone out like Oshie could;) 

Ah yes, the Wehrs corner hit. Always a big favorite. Could never understand why they called a penalty.:D

1 minute ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Ah yes, the Wehrs corner hit. Always a big favorite. Could never understand why they called a penalty.:D

Haha!
Yes, that one and the one where he laid out the CC (?) player when they were both flying down the ice to beat out the icing.  I remember those two the most.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Oshie never hit Wehrs in Wehr"s Corner. Frattin one year and Malone the next.

Oshie did dumptruck him at Mariucci though. Oshie was coming out of own end and someone threw a bad pass to him which he reached back to control and Wehrs had him lined up and Osh never even saw Wehrs coming.....and didn't even know he was there. Oshie just rolled right over him and took a peak back like he maybe drove over a squirrel as he continued up the ice with the puck and Wehrs made his way to the bench.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

I think Potter goes BU…the class is loaded and will help his draft stock (they’re all in…and rightfully so).

We need to get Hensler…I don’t think we will but I hope I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Haha!
Yes, that one and the one where he laid out the CC (?) player when they were both flying down the ice to beat out the icing.  I remember those two the most.

Yes I believe that was Nate Prosser he destroyed.

Pohlkamp is going to be a miss…Bemidji? I honestly think he’s going to regret that one. He sure is looking really good. He really needs to play for a bigger school. I’m guessing he’s a great kid that holds to his initial commitment. That’s awesome…but man, he’s too good for BSU. There I said it.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Pohlkamp is going to be a miss…Bemidji? I honestly think he’s going to regret that one. He sure is looking really good. He really needs to play for a bigger school. I’m guessing he’s a great kid that holds to his initial commitment. That’s awesome…but man, he’s too good for BSU. There I said it.

Portal bait