SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

11 hours ago, brianvf said:

What are the odds that we land one or more of the three Fargo/Moorhead studs?

Laurila has already taken a visit here but he's visiting quite a few places from the sounds of that article today.
Lindberg was compared to Frisch (nice), but also has a brother going to CC.
O'Neill sounds like he is coming on strong and getting more elite as he gets older.

O’Neill I’m probably the most confident on. 

The other 2, tough to say because based on their projected arrival and our current defensive situation there may not be spots in that class without some departures in the current group, which is  tough to predict. 

12 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Speaking of Moorhead, is Mason Kraft to Dinkytown pretty much expected?

I don’t think it’s automatic. I think Ryan will encourage him to explore all his options. Surprisingly they don’t come off as die-hard Gopher fans. 

12 hours ago, brianvf said:

What are the odds that we land one or more of the three Fargo/Moorhead studs?

Laurila has already taken a visit here but he's visiting quite a few places from the sounds of that article today.
Lindberg was compared to Frisch (nice), but also has a brother going to CC.
O'Neill sounds like he is coming on strong and getting more elite as he gets older.

I know the article indicates Laurila took a visit at Michigan State and has one planned for CC but it sounds like those are distant options. UND firmly in the top 3.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

The other 2, tough to say because based on their projected arrival and our current defensive situation there may not be spots in that class without some departures in the current group, which is  tough to predict. 

All three have visited, all three will get offers. Unless you know something, i can’t follow the logic that someone whose start date is at the earliest two years away would be looking at the current roster when deciding on the school. Or are you saying UND won’t offer any Dman from this class? 

@brianvf I think they go 3-3 on the FM guys

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

All three have visited, all three will get offers. Unless you know something, i can’t follow the logic that someone whose start date is at the earliest two years away would be looking at the current roster when deciding on the school. Or are you saying UND won’t offer any Dman from this class? 

@brianvf I think they go 3-3 on the FM guys

No, I’m just saying I’m not sure if the projected depth chart is something the player would consider when weighing offers. Obviously some don’t. I’m not at all suggesting UND won’t offer them because I fully expect them to. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

You’d make room for both of them. Push others back. 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

You’d make room for both of them. Push others back. 

My point was the year they’d come in we could hypothetically return all 8 D. So it wouldn’t be just about pushing others back. It’s could be about pushing others on the current roster OUT. Unless we plan to start carrying 10 D. Then it’s fine. 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Artyom levshunov to MSU…huge get. Interesting what a new coach can do for recruiting 

A guy like that looking this late was tailor made for a situation like Mankato, where they just bled out a coach, an assistant, half the roster, half the recruits, a trainer, the skater sharpener (both machine and operator), and two rats and a field mouse that are living in the locker room. 

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

A guy like that looking this late was tailor made for a situation like Mankato, where they just bled out a coach, an assistant, half the roster, half the recruits, a trainer, the skater sharpener (both machine and operator), and two rats and a field mouse that are living in the locker room. 

I was thinking that he was going to the Spartans, not the purple cows

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

21 minutes ago, Tbone said:

I was thinking that he was going to the Spartans, not the purple cows

He is going to Michigan State, not Mankato. 

Less than a week away, let's get some predictions. How many players that are eligible to commit August 1st does UND land over the next year (Late '06 / '07 guys)? They got 5 last year that was in that group. 

Here's my guess. I think they get 7. I'm feeling a bit bullish with the Emery commit. 

• Hensler
  • Laurila
  • Lindberg
  • O'Neill
  • Spehar
  • Murphy
  • Frank

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Less than a week away, let's get some predictions. How many players that are eligible to commit August 1st does UND land over the next year (Late '06 / '07 guys)? They got 5 last year that was in that group. 

Here's my guess. I think they get 7. I'm feeling a bit bullish with the Emery commit. 

• Hensler
  • Laurila
  • Lindberg
  • O'Neill
  • Spehar
  • Murphy
  • Frank

Not sure on how many yet. Gonna think about it. 

Im actually wondering if we will get a goalie. With Hedquist on campus finally, probably time to start thinking about one.