SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

He was originally a #1 pick in the USHL projecting as a blue chip prospect. His star faded, fell off the draft boards, etc. I believe he decommitted, rather than have his offer yanked. The latter is usually described as "no longer committed".

Thanks for clarifying! 

5 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

He was originally a #1 pick in the USHL projecting as a blue chip prospect. His star faded, fell off the draft boards, etc. I believe he decommitted, rather than have his offer yanked. The latter is usually described as "no longer committed".

He couldn’t skate….really big kid, that probably had something to do with it. His skating has gotten way better. He’ll be an impact guy day one at OSU. 

What’s the word on EGF’s Panzer? I watched EGF play a much improved Detroit Lakes team tonight. DL was ahead 4-2 until 3 1/2 min left in third quarter. Panzer scored to make it 4-3, then tied it with his 4th goal with 35 sec left. He got the assist on the game winning goal in OT. 5pt night. Very quick, great hands, sees ice well. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

What’s the word on EGF’s Panzer? I watched EGF play a much improved Detroit Lakes team tonight. DL was ahead 4-2 until 3 1/2 min left in third quarter. Panzer scored to make it 4-3, then tied it with his 4th goal with 35 sec left. He got the assist on the game winning goal in OT. 5pt night. Very quick, great hands, sees ice well. 

Is this the one that’s committed to UND? 

11 hours ago, iramurphy said:

He's good, may be a late round selection. I am not sure if he didn't make Sioux Falls or if they chose to play in the NA but he did well there prior to the start of the HS season. I would expect him to put up video game numbers considering the level of play he's at. Maybe sneak in as a 5th-7th rounder....but it will be tough.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

Don’t condone Mitchell Miller at all but checking USHL top scorers currently, his stats on paper are impressive. 

Just saying/interesting , never saw him play live too. 

I hear ya. I feel the same way about the stats of the league leader, Stephen Halliday. 

1 hour ago, Benny Baker said:

I hear ya. I feel the same way about the stats of the league leader, Stephen Halliday. 

Would have been nice to keep Halliday in the fold and have him coming in next season. 
I wonder if any college will take a chance on Miller. 

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Mitchell.

believe we pulled hallidays scholly. Which is laughable if true.

If they pulled Halliday, that's pretty bad.  Some odd choices lately with Halliday/Rizzo/Morrow...would be great to have some of those guys here or coming here still.  Especially since they're all talented and we've shown to be a bit low on talent this year (and next when Sanderson leaves).

I'd be very surprised if they offered Miller again after the debacle of pulling his spot after he had already arrived on campus.
He'd certainly add some more skill though too.

13 minutes ago, brianvf said:

If they pulled Halliday, that's pretty bad.  Some odd choices lately with Halliday/Rizzo/Morrow...would be great to have some of those guys here or coming here still.  Especially since they're all talented and we've shown to be a bit low on talent this year (and next when Sanderson leaves).

I'd be very surprised if they offered Miller again after the debacle of pulling his spot after he had already arrived on campus.
He'd certainly add some more skill though too.

The problem is we will never know the whole truth why these players switched or had the offer pulled but the coaching staff doesn’t look very good with theses decisions. We could have Rizzo, Halliday, Blake, Gaber. Singelton  schmalz as top six. 

13 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

The problem is we will never know the whole truth why these players switched or had the offer pulled but the coaching staff doesn’t look very good with theses decisions. We could have Rizzo, Halliday, Blake, Gaber. Singelton  schmalz as top six. 

Rizzo wouldn't haven't been bad, but I do like Matteo Costantini's game. Had some nice chances last night and was obviously out for 4 games... get him to play with good talent at UND in the next 3-4 years and it'll be interesting to compare his stats vs. Rizzo when their college careers are over. 

Nicholas Moldenhauer is another 2004 that is a B rated prospect. Was a 1st round pick in OHL draft, but had his rights traded.  Not sure if he is interested in the OHL route, or if he is playing with Chicago to make sure he can play in his draft year, with Canada shutting down last year. Worth looking at anyway. 

13 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Rizzo wouldn't haven't been bad, but I do like Matteo Costantini's game. Had some nice chances last night and was obviously out for 4 games... get him to play with good talent at UND in the next 3-4 years and it'll be interesting to compare his stats vs. Rizzo when their college careers are over. 

Would have been nice to have both

• Upvote 1