SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

15 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Brz is really good. Late birthdate kid who isn't eligible to be drafted this coming year. Had a really bad injury last season and still working his way back; basically didn't play last year. He had a really good 5 Nations tourney last weekend. I could see him taking off moving forward. He was a 5 star heading in the Program.

Shows Michigan on NZ

29 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Brz is really good. Late birthdate kid who isn't eligible to be drafted this coming year. Had a really bad injury last season and still working his way back; basically didn't play last year. He had a really good 5 Nations tourney last weekend. I could see him taking off moving forward. He was a 5 star heading in the Program.

Fair enough, that's a pretty thorough scouting report.

10 hours ago, ChadR said:

Although I believe he recently left SSM to go back to Canada, this guy has to be on the radar for next August 1, 2022.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/597797/berkly-catton

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/jun/02/luck-of-the-draw-spokane-chiefs-land-first-pick-in/

He is expected to be the top pick in the WHL Bantam Draft, so maybe he went home because he plans to go that route.  

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I see Halliday second on that list. I wonder why he de-committed from UND? 

He was originally a #1 pick in the USHL projecting as a blue chip prospect. His star faded, fell off the draft boards, etc. I believe he decommitted, rather than have his offer yanked. The latter is usually described as "no longer committed".

• Upvote 1