SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

21 minutes ago, tnt said:

Do we know if he still wants to go the college route?  He may be contemplating Major Junior if he is looking at a one and done college experience.  

I was told we're certainly trying and the current guess/speculation/stove talk is he's heavily considering Providence.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I was told we're certainly trying and the current guess/speculation/stove talk is he's heavily considering Providence.

Going from Notre Dame to Providence is an odd choice, but whatever works for the kid.
Hopefully Berry can get in his ear this weekend and show him around the arena, maybe sway him our way!

54 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Going from Notre Dame to Providence is an odd choice, but whatever works for the kid.
Hopefully Berry can get in his ear this weekend and show him around the arena, maybe sway him our way!

Or maybe have Cole Spicer get in his ear too. "He Logan, look, you'll probably play college hockey for 1-2 years max. "Do you want to try and actually compete for and potentially win a natty?" "Then you should probably seriously consider UND and give it a chance + have an open mind this weekend."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Nate Leaman is/was the WJC coach. So not as odd as you would think.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Man I wish Scott Morrow was on our team.

Right?
Another 2g/1a for him tonight against Merrimack.  Kid is a freshman dman with 8 goals already on the season.  :0
Leading the defending national champs in both goals and points thus far.

9 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Right?
Another 2g/1a for him tonight against Merrimack.  Kid is a freshman dman with 8 goals already on the season.  :0

2-2 actually. Carvel just mentioned he’s as good with the puck as anyone he’s ever had at UMASS. I’m not going to state the obvious.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

:angry:

Agreed.

Might be an unpopular opinion and this is probably not the situation with Sandy, but the following has always bothered me. There are guys that are clearly depth guys. Current example of Feeney / Albrecht. Why would you not have those guys be local. Emergency type guys. That's never made sense to me. Back to Sandy, I'm not sure if he would fit that bill, or if Johnson already has that spot, but given Duluth's history with goalies, this one might be one the coaching staff kicks themselves about. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AJS said:

Agreed.

Might be an unpopular opinion and this is probably not the situation with Sandy, but the following has always bothered me. There are guys that are clearly depth guys. Current example of Feeney / Albrecht. Why would you not have those guys be local. Emergency type guys. That's never made sense to me. Back to Sandy, I'm not sure if he would fit that bill, or if Johnson already has that spot, but given Duluth's history with goalies, this one might be one the coaching staff kicks themselves about. 

If he is a depth guy, then it makes you wonder why Duluth isn’t pulling local guys for their depth then.  It very well could be that they would have been more interested if they didn’t already have Johnson.  Don’t think we want to dump local guys already in the system to add new ones.  Seems to me that guys like Casey Johnson and Simonson took a lot of crap on the message board.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 9:14 PM, brianvf said:

Right?

On 1/3/2022 at 7:54 PM, scpa0305 said:

Man I wish Scott Morrow was on our team.

Him and Massimo Rizzo both looking really good.