SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 10/5/24

SiouxFan100

On 9/29/2024 at 6:12 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Throws for completions are going to have to be made into windows and seams that haven't been hit so far through 5 games to win next Saturday. 

Bump

UND's chips were pushed into the middle of the table coming out of fall camp. Big test on Saturday.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

Miller has been nearly impossible to stop this season. Hope the defense is prepared and tackles better than it has been. Guessing they're going to try and bully the UND defensive line with a ton of between the tackles runs to prove a point. NDSU will obviously pressure the QB like crazy as well. 

Not saying you’re wrong, but this hasn’t been NDSU’s M.O. all year. Not a lot of blitzes and we’ve run power about 10 times all year it seems. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The line is normally set so The House doesn't lose no matter who wins. 

"+13.5" is trying to lure money that way which means a lot has already gone the other and they need to balance the ledger before kickoff. 

... but no matter what The House will get their vig. 

37-23/37-22 with the 14.5 spread and 59.5 over under 

Will come down to finishing drives and how many points you leave on the field.

Bison score 7 times which is 21-49 points, UND scores 5 times 15-35 points.

All of the data from the season would suggest that we should be able to run on these guys.  If they stack the box, romfo will have to complete a couple passes against man coverage to a likely wide open belquist.  Im hoping for complementary football with the offense helping to keep the defense off the field with pressure by the defense.  Nothing is more defeating than a team running the ball down your throat with nothing you can do to stop it.  I still have nightmares about Luepke running at will in the fargodome a few years back.  This year it could be our year to do that.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, wheelsup said:

All of the data from the season would suggest that we should be able to run on these guys.  If they stack the box, romfo will have to complete a couple passes against man coverage to a likely wide open belquist.  Im hoping for complementary football with the offense helping to keep the defense off the field with pressure by the defense.  Nothing is more defeating than a team running the ball down your throat with nothing you can do to stop it.  I still have nightmares about Luepke running at will in the fargodome a few years back.  This year it could be our year to do that.

With the way our O line has come together, our ground game is poised for another big game.  Let's go!

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

With the way our O line has come together, our ground game is poised for another big game.  Let's go!

I think the O-line is going to have to be good, because of what happened last year running it down their throats, and the fact that they will want to make Romfo beat them through the air.  I would assume they are focused on stopping the run, so if the O-line pushes them back this time, it will be pretty impressive. 

• Upvote 2

Excited for tomorrow.  This team has surprised people.  I think some expected to be 4-1 at this point but still some question marks on how the boys got here.  They either get answered tomorrow or some posters will be lining up to say “I told you so”. 

1 minute ago, homer said:

Excited for tomorrow.  This team has surprised people.  I think some expected to be 4-1 at this point but still some question marks on how the boys got here.  They either get answered tomorrow or some posters will be lining up to say “I told you so”. 

I can't wait to see your post count update tomorrow after the game!! Looking forward to it!

• Upvote 2

NDSU's safety play hasn't been great with the guys they have been playing, missing an All-American back there will do that.
Hopefully that frees up some of the over the top stuff if they are stacking the box. I don't think they have a corner that can shut down Bo on their own.

16 hours ago, wheelsup said:

Speaking of Luepke, a Bison fan told me to expect a big dose of Cole Payton tomorrow.  He said the talk in Bison world is that he is their best runner, and they believe they have purposely held back on his touches until the meat of the conference schedule, keeping their backup QB healthy.  I think if we limit big plays in their run game from Miller and Payton, we'll be fine.

• Upvote 1