SiouxSports.com Forum

CC vs UND Saturday Night

Oxbow6

2 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Point to where I said they were Penrose contenders? All I said is that you are saying that we should have had this game in the bag just because we are playing a 5th-place team…in the NCHC. Clearly you’re not aware of how strong this league is so arguing with you is senseless. Should we have won the series at home? Yeah we should at least take half or more than half the points at home. But CC is better than you think they are. Which they proved. End of story 

Fair enough. But if we play like that against Denver, we'll get swept in regulation. And it won't be close. This break cannot come at a better time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Hopefully these games were anomolies and not what we will see in the second half. Berry has never been one to address players shortcomings just let em play , see Rhett Gardner. 

I am convinced there is a virus running through the locker room. That would explain the sluggishness and lack of energy.

Read that UND has not lost in regulation in 11 games.

1....that's how games are decided come tournament time so that bode well for them moving forward.

2....that's why regular season 3×3 OT and shootouts are just duckies and bunnies fluff when it should be 5x5 OT then call it.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

He is a selfish player who only cares about offense.  He thinks he is still playing youth hockey.

I mean, it's a little harsh.  We want him to be selfish and thinking mostly about offense.  Goals determine who wins and he creates them sometimes out of thin air.  Just cough it up less.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

was it warranted for the same issues?

Not sure about that one, but Jackson's play the last three nights warrants, at the very least, a very short rope next game.  The PP to open the third is a perfect example of the problem..no shots on goal, and I don't believe there was even a shot attempt on that PP.....and 9 was the one hanging on to the puck the whole time.

2 hours ago, siouxweet said:

He may need more time to develop but he is as good as gone after this season.  It's all about Jackson and Jackson wants to be in the NHL so he will go.

Blake has a lot to learn, he isn’t anywhere close to being ready to turn pro. That said, he wouldn’t be the first player to make a stupid decision. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Blake leaves after this season, he'll be an ECHL lifer at best.

I don't agree. he would be given a few years in the AHL. If he wasn't able to cut it in AHL his best move at that point would to be go overseas. Not alot of room in the ECHL for finesse.

That said, I think he has elite skill and will figure it out.

2 hours ago, siouxweet said:

He may need more time to develop but he is as good as gone after this season.  It's all about Jackson and Jackson wants to be in the NHL so he will go.

That would be a very very foolish and arrogant mistake.

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Blake leaves after this season, he'll be an ECHL lifer at best.

The name and connections (the most important factor in hockey prospect management today) 

.......will guarantee him games in the American, but not many. 

2 hours ago, jk said:

Like the poster above, I think he's further from ready than I had thought.  The deal with him is that he is top six or bust.  He does not have a bottom six game.  So he's got to be truly exceptional to get a spot.  His elusiveness is at that level, elite at this level and maybe even in the NHL.  But he simply won't play there, whether he wants to or not, when he's so loose with the puck.  Carolina, especially, has forwards who are hard on the puck.  They would have a problem with one of these turnovers per game, let alone five or more.  He's amazingly explosive here, but will have to be more careful down the stretch this year.

This.

1 hour ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Yeah he is nowhere near being able to play the pro game yet. Not when you’re a consistently a defensive liability

This is just the absolute truth.

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

He is a selfish player who only cares about offense.  He thinks he is still playing youth hockey.

First sentence assumes a hell of a lot but unfortunately the performance justifies the second sentence completely.

12 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Blake has a lot to learn, he isn’t anywhere close to being ready to turn pro. That said, he wouldn’t be the first player to make a stupid decision. 

See... Tyson Jost.

5 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I don't agree. he would be given a few years in the AHL. If he wasn't able to cut it in AHL his best move at that point would to be go overseas. Not alot of room in the ECHL for finesse.

That said, I think he has elite skill and will figure it out.

The way I see it he has 2 paths.

Believe the arrogant voices in his ear and leave for the AHL..(zero room in the coast for his skill set)......struggle in the American trying ro maintain a top 6 role before heading to Europe (for quite possibly a very profitable and fulfilling career) 

or

stay one two more years, mature, grow and develop the areas of his game that are needed and then sign for games in the National before tying to find his way into a top 6 role in the American... before heading to Europe for quite possibly a very profitable and fulfilling career with a completed education to boot.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DJ Twist said:

I have been reading this forum for several years now and have finally had to sign in to comment. It is so troubling to read how up and down everyone is with UND hockey. I am sure they players either read these posts or are told about what is being said. Probably not the best confidence booster to see everyone calling for players to be sat or coaches to be fired. Last time I checked, this team was still 5 in pairwise. 2nd in the nchc. So if after the break, Blake goes on a heater, are we still saying he will never have a future in hockey? Does he turn the puck over? Yep. Does he also make plays that very few in the country can make? Yep. It is a bit ridiculous that we have so many people on this board that know better than everyone else. Maybe let things play out before condemning this season. ✌️

Yep, a lot of clown shoes in here.

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I can't stand the 3x3 deciding a winner.  Whether we win or lose, just doesn't feel right.  And how you get .67 or whatever for a win that goes as a win but isn't really a win....I mean we got swept by CC but still got two points?  

Play 5 minutes of OT 5x5 and then if you want extra conference points do the shootout.

I agree with you but go with a 10 minute OT vice a 5 minute OT to lessen the chance of a shootout.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Hopefully these games were anomolies and not what we will see in the second half. Berry has never been one to address players shortcomings just let em play , see Rhett Gardner. 

You know this how? 

On 12/9/2023 at 8:15 PM, tnt said:

Would love to know from Schlossman, how Blake can be so perceptive to know he is going against a forward on the 3 on 3 at Boston University, but is so oblivious to not realize he is the last guy back and just can’t throw it backwards for a game winning breakaway.  When I think of North Dakota greats, I think of Oshie, Toews, Parise and Zajac, who all had a great offensive presence, but worked just as hard at the other end of the ice.

Schloss doesn’t have the …… to ask a tough question. He like goon thinks there is nothing wrong with this team. I’m tired of excuses for UND teams especially in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Siouxfull said:

Blake told a little kid to F-off after the game when he asked for his stick. He can move on. 

Is there even a breath of proof to this really gross accusation? If not, bringing this here is actually worse than the accusation. This seems like complete and utter BS.

• Upvote 3