SiouxSports.com Forum

CC vs UND Saturday Night

Oxbow6

3 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Do you think we should respect a team that takes 4 of 6 points in our own barn? Or maybe just assume we should we win every game no matter what just because of their record? We were on the wrong side of pairwise points this weekend so you’re the one who incorrectly underestimated CC. 

UND is better than CC. Augustana was able to beat them in regulation and Denver/WMU who I consider UND in same tier, both swept CC handily. Now I’ll give CC credit, they imposed their style of play and UND couldn’t adjust and overcome it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nodakgirl93 said:

3 ot losses in a row but berry knows what he's doing..... 

This team needs a break. Rest up for the 2nd half.

It’s not even the losses but more so how they are losing. They’re showing they don’t learn from past mistakes. I’m sure a good group hug will fix everything. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Over reacting 

Agreed. It sucks yes, but it's not like we got swept by Stonehill or some AHA team. CC has a decent team this year with a real shot to make the tournament, especially now. We got a few points out of the weekend and we are still in great standings for the NCHC and the Pairwise, nothing to freak out about.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

UND got totally outworked all series

Yes, and need we say that outworking teams is supposed to be our culture.  You can tell a team isn’t focused when they are totally dismantled in the faceoff dot.  Haven’t been swept at home from CC in 30 years. Another negative you don’t want on your coaching resume.  We’ll see if they can make the necessary adjustments, as some guys like Perron, have not been as noticeable.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

UND is better than CC. Augustana was able to beat them in regulation and Denver/WMU who I consider UND in same tier, both swept CC handily. Now I’ll give CC credit, they imposed their style of play and UND couldn’t adjust and overcome it.

and Bubs couldn't adjust and overcome it.

6 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Agreed. It sucks yes, but it's not like we got swept by Stonehill or some AHA team. CC has a decent team this year with a real shot to make the tournament, especially now. We got a few points out of the weekend and we are still in great standings for the NCHC and the Pairwise, nothing to freak out about.

I don’t see CC making the tourney.  It will tell me a lot what they do in Minnesota, but they have done nothing against ranked teams this year except against an unmotivated UND team.  My bet is they get swept at Minnesota, but hey, I would love it if they proved me wrong.  Don’t know if Minnesota will be missing World Junior guys though, which could come into play.

Would love to know from Schlossman, how Blake can be so perceptive to know he is going against a forward on the 3 on 3 at Boston University, but is so oblivious to not realize he is the last guy back and just can’t throw it backwards for a game winning breakaway.  When I think of North Dakota greats, I think of Oshie, Toews, Parise and Zajac, who all had a great offensive presence, but worked just as hard at the other end of the ice.