SiouxSports.com Forum

CC vs UND Saturday Night

Oxbow6

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Schloss doesn’t have the …… to ask a tough question. He like goon thinks there is nothing wrong with this team. I’m tired of excuses for UND teams especially in the playoffs.

This was one weekend. However, you are spot on with Schloss.   It is a GOBC and he might lose his membership if he heaven forbid ever wrote ANYTHING negative in regards to this program.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Schloss doesn’t have the …… to ask a tough question. He like goon thinks there is nothing wrong with this team. I’m tired of excuses for UND teams especially in the playoffs.

Apparently, you missed that I just got done filleting NCHC.TV, but whatever lets you sleep at night.  I just said there’s needs to be changes with UND football. It was one weekend. UND is going to lose a game here and there. Did you expect them to 24-0 in conference play. This is the toughest conference in college hockey. Based on how Berry sounded in Saturday, it appears that an illness is going through the locker room. Also, some of the guys looked a bit banged up. 

34 minutes ago, Goon said:

Apparently, you missed that I just got done filleting NCHC.TV, but whatever lets you sleep at night.  I just said there’s needs to be changes with UND football. It was one weekend. UND is going to lose a game here and there. Did you expect them to 24-0 in conference play. This is the toughest conference in college hockey. Based on how Berry sounded in Saturday, it appears that an illness is going through the locker room. Also, some of the guys looked a bit banged up. 

I suspected this as well. The fact they looked sluggish and slow suggests the gas tank was not even close to full this weekend. Give them a few weeks of family time and rest and I think they'll be back to their old selves again.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Goon said:

I refuse to go negative on a bunch of college kids. This team is good. Maybe we should give CC some credit. 

Colorado College is not the train wreck they were a couple of years ago. They definitely are going to make some noise in the NCHC the next couple of years. That said, we have to win conference home games because we are not going to sweep too many road weekends in this league. But if they are fighting illness and/or injuries, that would explain what happened. I think they come back after the holiday break strong.

• Upvote 2

On 12/10/2023 at 3:39 PM, DJ Twist said:

I have been reading this forum for several years now and have finally had to sign in to comment. It is so troubling to read how up and down everyone is with UND hockey. I am sure they players either read these posts or are told about what is being said. Probably not the best confidence booster to see everyone calling for players to be sat or coaches to be fired. Last time I checked, this team was still 5 in pairwise. 2nd in the nchc. So if after the break, Blake goes on a heater, are we still saying he will never have a future in hockey? Does he turn the puck over? Yep. Does he also make plays that very few in the country can make? Yep. It is a bit ridiculous that we have so many people on this board that know better than everyone else. Maybe let things play out before condemning this season. ✌️

I don't think the players or coaches take a lot of stock in what us "experts" on SiouxSports.com have to say :wink:...a couple losses to a perceived lesser opponent sure make things interesting around here, though.  I'll take our first half and hope we can regain our mojo when we pick things up after Christmas. 

• Upvote 1