SiouxSports.com Forum

CC vs UND Saturday Night

Oxbow6

34 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

As much as some players underperformed and were actually dreadful this series I was shocked there was basically no changes personnel wise and/or tactically/schematically 5x5 vs the 1-4 trap or on the PP from Friday especially after 10-15 minutes last night. Was obvious UND wasn't and couldn't generate much of anything offensively.  To me LJV and Strinden are interchangeable. James needs top 6 minutes.  Johannes is a tweener top 6. When he's on he is really good. Wasn't this weekend though. This is still a really good team. Have to have better puck management and be able to win a draw moving forward. 3 straight Ls playing 3x3 hockey (which is a total joke BTW) is what it is. That method should never decide an outcome cause it is never played anywhere in regulation. Just completely stupid but that's off topic. 

I can't stand the 3x3 deciding a winner.  Whether we win or lose, just doesn't feel right.  And how you get .67 or whatever for a win that goes as a win but isn't really a win....I mean we got swept by CC but still got two points?  

Play 5 minutes of OT 5x5 and then if you want extra conference points do the shootout.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Blake has been more of a liability the last three games, Berry needs to reign him and his pond hockey in. Remember Berry the logo on the front is more important then the name on the back. 

Don't mention that over on the Facebook sioux feel good page

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SKondrashkin said:

I've been resigned to believing this season will likely be Blake's last, but I'm more optimistic now.  After this weekend it's obvious, and I mean really obvious, he needs to diversify his game before even thinking about turning pro. 

His talent is immense, yet not to the degree he can rely on his free-wheeling skills at the next level alone.  CC's extremely structured defensive system thoroughly nullified his game , and he seemingly had no clue how to adapt which led to frustration and turnover after turnover.    

He isn’t ready for NHL or AHL for that matter. May never be ready with his stature. 

wonder if this CC coach would be interested in the Nodak job. The inbreeding in our coaching ranks no longer is bringing results. Need new blood. 

• Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I can't stand the 3x3 deciding a winner.  Whether we win or lose, just doesn't feel right.  And how you get .67 or whatever for a win that goes as a win but isn't really a win....I mean we got swept by CC but still got two points?  

Play 5 minutes of OT 5x5 and then if you want extra conference points do the shootout.

How about 10 minutes of five on five, and if there is no winner, then it’s a point and a half each. Tired of this bull****

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

How about 10 minutes of five on five, and if there is no winner, then it’s a point and a half each. Tired of this bull****

I say if no winner it's a lost point.  Make worth something.  Ties make you feel like something has been left on the table.  It should hurt if you don't win. You get 1 pt or 3 pts.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SKondrashkin said:

I've been resigned to believing this season will likely be Blake's last, but I'm more optimistic now.  After this weekend it's obvious, and I mean really obvious, he needs to diversify his game before even thinking about turning pro. 

His talent is immense, yet not to the degree he can rely on his free-wheeling skills at the next level alone.  CC's extremely structured defensive system thoroughly nullified his game , and he seemingly had no clue how to adapt which led to frustration and turnover after turnover.    

He may need more time to develop but he is as good as gone after this season.  It's all about Jackson and Jackson wants to be in the NHL so he will go.

18 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

He may need more time to develop but he is as good as gone after this season.  It's all about Jackson and Jackson wants to be in the NHL so he will go.

Like the poster above, I think he's further from ready than I had thought.  The deal with him is that he is top six or bust.  He does not have a bottom six game.  So he's got to be truly exceptional to get a spot.  His elusiveness is at that level, elite at this level and maybe even in the NHL.  But he simply won't play there, whether he wants to or not, when he's so loose with the puck.  Carolina, especially, has forwards who are hard on the puck.  They would have a problem with one of these turnovers per game, let alone five or more.  He's amazingly explosive here, but will have to be more careful down the stretch this year.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Personally, I don’t like all the attacks on our players. Kinda goes too far at times. IMHO 

So we shouldn't criticize poor play? So we can end up with the same pathetically low standards as our other programs?

Enough justifying mediocrity. As a proud alum and lifelong fan, I have had it.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Keep talking that team up like they are Penrose Cup contenders all you want, but the bottom line is you cannot get swept at home vs. a team that likely will finish in the lower half of the NCHC. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a virus going through the locker room, that would explain the low energy and bad faceoff numbers.

Two bad losses shouldn't be explained away by comparing our opponents to the 1993 Maine Black Bears. I will be shocked if the Tigers have home ice for the first round.

Point to where I said they were Penrose contenders? All I said is that you are saying that we should have had this game in the bag just because we are playing a 5th-place team…in the NCHC. Clearly you’re not aware of how strong this league is so arguing with you is senseless. Should we have won the series at home? Yeah we should at least take half or more than half the points at home. But CC is better than you think they are. Which they proved. End of story 

7 hours ago, SKondrashkin said:

Yeah he is nowhere near being able to play the pro game yet. Not when you’re a consistently a defensive liability

• Upvote 1