SiouxSports.com Forum

Indiana State @ UND 10/28/2023

SiouxFan100

41 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

No backpedaling, just don’t want to go down a tangent of ridiculousness that some carry into. @iramurphy couldn’t help himself. He went full blown hook line and sinker on that post, and his “posse” backed him up. On this forum, we still have some (probably the older generation termed “cotton-tops” I guess) who take things way out of context. My guess is topics are going to get derailed easily now because apathy has set in. Easy to get distracted. UND football under the current leadership just can’t maintain the regional excitement: too ridiculously inconsistent, and of course god awful on the road. 

This was not about you and another poster; it was you v Kelly. 

Guessing he has no need for any of us to defend him, but you called him out, not any of us. 

3 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

You’re a cottontop so you didn’t get the tricks reference :D not your fault!

I said in an earlier post that the 360 guys are the most sensitive people out there. Well @iramurphy @jdub27 @SiouxBoys @SD UND are on top of that list as well. Never seen guys with such fragile egos on a public sports forum :D

Forgot I’m not a cotton top so that must be why I was left off the list.

I really don’t think we need to debate Kelly's resume on football knowledge but we can’t ignore the fact until Shannon is off the podcast he will not be able to be very critical of the coaching staff. When they ignore that fact on the show we know it’s a problem. 
I was not impressed with the episode this week because they didn’t address the problem enough. 

We also can’t ignore the fact that SIU, UNI, YSU, NDSU and UND have all had clunker games this fall. The winner won’t let that one game lead to more and keep them on the down spiral.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

You say this but you go around upvoting the posts that aren't on topic. Maybe sit this one out chief. 

Why do upvotes or downvotes bother you so much? Let’s all be men and talk ball. Sick of this sensitive stuff on here. 

I look forward to watching the Hawks beat up on the Larry Bird’s this weekend! Win by multiple scores! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Why do upvotes or downvotes bother you so much? Let’s all be men and talk ball. Sick of this sensitive stuff on here. 

I look forward to watching the Hawks beat up on the Larry Bird’s this weekend! Win by multiple scores! 

Or women. Women can talk ball too if they want. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

Upvotes and downvotes mean nothing to me. Certain people acting above all the nonsense is annoying. If you guys were so interested in talking ball, maybe you should get on Mr. Resume's case for the derailment. 

• Downvote 4

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Quit making lame excuses, blaming other people and just admit you were never actually going to followup with your "threat" to show off your CV/resume and move on. No one actually believed that you would follow through on something and now you're just looking worse by refusing to own up to it.

Correct, I was never going to expand on myself via a public fan forum to a bunch of anonymous “idiots”, and I never said I would. I merely indicated the guy who called people on this board “idiots” is easily matched or surpassed by the experiences and capabilities of several others on this board, and I included myself. I stated I would put my experiences head to head, but I didn’t say this would be the medium to do it (especially with folks like you [@jdub27] on the witch hunt).

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Correct, I was never going to expand on myself via a public fan forum to a bunch of anonymous “idiots”, and I never said I would. I merely indicated the guy who called people on this board “idiots” is easily matched or surpassed by the experiences and capabilities of several others on this board, and I included myself. I stated I would put my experiences head to head, but I didn’t say this would be the medium to do it (especially with folks like you [@jdub27] on the witch hunt).

Nice deflection, you were asked to follow up on what you said and everyone watched you trip over yourself hiding from it.

Going to be a nice morning for tailgating and a good day to get back on track. Not expecting a WIU type score, ISU can sustain some drives. Need to get up on them early and not give them any hope. Hoping for a 3-4 score game before the starters are out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

46 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Nice deflection, you were asked to follow up on what you said and everyone watched you trip over yourself hiding from it.

Going to be a nice morning for tailgating and a good day to get back on track. Not expecting a WIU type score, ISU can sustain some drives. Need to get up on them early and not give them any hope. Hoping for a 3-4 score game before the starters are out.

No tripping. I stand by what I said. And you’re going to have to deal with it.

UND wins this game.

@ Murray State and @ South Dakota are where the money is at 

suspect win at Murray and loss at USD

beat Illinois State

back to 7-4 and again a bubble team … maybe get one playoff win if end up at home this year for once … lobbying MVFC commissioner all year probably will get them one 

rinse and repeat. Program is again consistently above average … but only a handful care about football championships for UND so no changes for decades to come … UND community needs to raise the standard. Will be neat when/if it happens.  

So after rewatching a chunk of the UNI game Im really hoping to see improvement across the board. 

• The o-line really struggled in the game and they will need to be back to NDSU game level the rest of the season.
  • Looking forward to seeing some of the depth in the RB room should be fun
  • Overall our WR group looked pretty solid.. one bad drop from Nate.  I think our underperformance in this area was more due to QB/Oline play.  Seemed like lots of open WR. 
  • Im hopeful to see 2 full quarters of our backup QB's.. it would be nice to know what we have in that area.
  • I would like to see something from out kicking group.  Eventually we will need somebody to make a FG
  • I want the punter to be asleep on the sidelines.. but if for some reason he gets in we need some improvement. was pretty bad against UNI
  • Our defense has been better this year.. but our best defensive player against UNI might have been the UNI WR hands.  Continued improvement this week.

Would love to see a dominating performance and run the table in the remaining 4 games.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

If #92 gets the chance to kick FG's this week I am seeing at least 2 made from him. 2/2 right down the middle. 

well.. his conversion percentage this year on xtra points would not align with your confidence but if he is the kicker this weekend I would like to see it.  At some point we need to be able to make FG's and xtra points and they should not be an excited play unless its 45+ yds.    Right now Im open to local tryouts.. I know the GFC kid is really solid and I would guess there is a soccer player or two.. Maybe its kostich.. Maybe its the holder.. Maybe its the snapper.. but at some point the kicks have to go through the uprights.