SiouxSports.com Forum

Homecoming: Western Illinois @ UND

UND-FB-FAN

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Right.  This game doesn't tell us much vrs. a bad team.  Quick hits-

Tommy is the guy, live or die.  If Feeney was close to more playing time we would have seen him more.

Romfo is the new Wildcat, that's refreshing to see after what we tried vrs. the Jacks.

LBs showing some signs of life....or just vrs. bad teams??

Red and the Knee tweak Celebration, WTF was that??

Our RBs appear healthy going into NDSU game.

I believe our WR group was hyped up too much going into this season.

Seeing some life at the TE position.  NDSU D coordinator probably fell off his chair seeing UND using TEs a little bit.

We'll need to play really well next week to have a 50/50 shot.

Caden Dennis was playing today which is a good sign. He is easily my #2 or 3 WR. Korey Tai has a catch too,  not sure why to burn a game against western 

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Caden Dennis was playing today which is a good sign. He is easily my #2 or 3 WR. Korey Tai has a catch too,  not sure why to burn a game against western 

I believe this is Korey's first game.  3 more to burn before the decision is made.  I'm sure the coaches wanted to give him a positive experience.

6 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

9758 announced attendance today… over 11k for hockey exhibition… 

Figures …  UND game day staff don’t put in the effort to bolster the game day experience at the Alerus - likely intentionally in order to relatively emphasize hockey - which is pathetic. The hockey culture around here is borderline pathological, but it is what it is. To be fair, UND football needs to start to win the big games to grab onto the crowd, but the administration is also set in its ways preventing both success on the field and off the field in terms of fan hype. I still can’t believe how pathetic the team entrance is and how petty the in-game production is at times. Oh well, maybe next year. Again, comes down to simply vision and effort, both lacking.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Tommy is the guy, live or die.  If Feeney was close to more playing time we would have seen him more.

Romfo is the new Wildcat, that's refreshing to see after what we tried vrs. the Jacks.

Seeing some life at the TE position.  NDSU D coordinator probably fell off his chair seeing UND using TEs a little bit.

Good analysis.  Much needed blowout win vs a bad team.  

42 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

The Romfo running package was awesome; hope they start mixing in some passes with it or it will become way too predictable 

Yeah, it looked like he was lining up to throw on his last rushing touchdown and I was a little disappointed he just ran again.  Maybe we’re saving that wrinkle for next week??

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

Yeah, it looked like he was lining up to throw on his last rushing touchdown and I was a little disappointed he just ran again.  Maybe we’re saving that wrinkle for next week??

Yeah pretty sure there was at least one play that was supposed to be a pass and I think is why they kept him in instead of Feeney, so they could show a pass play with him so other teams have to think it is possible could pass. 

I wonder if they have a traditional option run out of that package. 

16 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Probably the most dead homecoming I’ve been to since muss years

Probably the biggest blowout and one of the crappiest teams we've played in Homecoming too. There was never going to be a ton of excitement in that game IMO.... because we all felt we'd win by 3-4 scores.  We scored on every possession and got a pick 6 on defense, so the team handled their end of things on the field. That long drive by then in 2nd quarter was an energy suck though for sure, but even then we still limited them to a FG and then had a quick drive for a TD before half. 

If we woulda been playing a team like SIU or something I think there would a been a lot more energy in the Alerus. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

It is true you rise to the competition. So is dead the game or atmosphere? The atmosphere is NOT the coaches…. But who? How to improve it? Need to improve by the 2024 season and start now.

ummmmmmm.start with the hawk walk against the bizons...that would help.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Couple of things:

- The Romfo running package was awesome; hope they start mixing in some passes with it or it will become way too predictable 

- I want to see more of Donovan Hunt; he’s made the most of his carries and has a bright future 

Hopefully we only see him for two more games to preserve his eligibility for an additional year. 

13 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I agree that Schuster is the QB but Feeney has shown he is ready. Has done very well in every game this year. I don’t think we would see a drop off. He has a little different skill set. (stronger arm, less experience, different but effective runner). Romfo is also right there but a different skill set. Looks faster and quicker than Feeney or Schuster.  He Although I wasn’t riding my bike, watching all of the QB’s throw, I have watched them throw. I don’t see a true freshman moving ahead of any of these guys right now. Kaminski has great potential. I would have liked to see Feeney earlier in the third, then give Romfo most of the fourth. Danny had said last summer Feeney had developed the confidence and leadership skills that he needed to walk in the room and take over. He also said we need to find ways to get Romfo on the field. Obviously they found a way. There is something to be said for a guy who never lost a game in HS. 

Someone must have reminded the staff that TE’s are eligible receivers. They haven’t been an integral part of our passing game for the last few years with the exception of throws to Zalvaney in the red zone. I’d like to see them even more involved but our line will need to pick up blitzes and the QB’s read those opportunities quickly. 

We had too many penalties. I didn’t like giving up the first down on the fake punt. 

I thought we tackled better. We had 5 sacks and overall defense kept play in front of them. Must continue to get better each game. 
We need to play our best game of the year Saturday.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

I agree that Schuster is the QB but Feeney has shown he is ready. Has done very well in every game this year. I don’t think we would see a drop off. He has a little different skill set. (stronger arm, less experience, different but effective runner). Romfo is also right there but a different skill set. Looks faster and quicker than Feeney or Schuster.  He Although I wasn’t riding my bike, watching all of the QB’s throw, I have watched them throw. I don’t see a true freshman moving ahead of any of these guys right now. Kaminski has great potential. I would have liked to see Feeney earlier in the third, then give Romfo most of the fourth. Danny had said last summer Feeney had developed the confidence and leadership skills that he needed to walk in the room and take over. He also said we need to find ways to get Romfo on the field. Obviously they found a way. There is something to be said for a guy who never lost a game in HS. 

Someone must have reminded the staff that TE’s are eligible receivers. They haven’t been an integral part of our passing game for the last few years with the exception of throws to Zalvaney in the red zone. I’d like to see them even more involved but our line will need to pick up blitzes and the QB’s read those opportunities quickly. 

We had too many penalties. I didn’t like giving up the first down on the fake punt. 

I thought we tackled better. We had 5 sacks and overall defense kept play in front of them. Must continue to get better each game. 
We need to play our best game of the year Saturday.

if tommy was the "guy" we wouldn't be playing 3 or 4 qb's.

at this point jerry aint getting in this year (or ever?)....trey should be getting his first start against the bizons and let it roll.

2 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

The atmosphere is NOT the coaches…. But who? How to improve it? Need to improve by the 2024 season and start now.

Not the coaches? The team got blown out… multiple times. Coaches play a major part in that. How to improve it? Care a little. UND staff doesn’t try improve it. They’ve been given ideas, but ignore the horrible product. This isn’t a new issue. Been a problem for several years. There’s been committees built to try solve the problem. This won’t improve by 2024. It will take new people or a new large-scale initiative.