SiouxSports.com Forum

Homecoming: Western Illinois @ UND

UND-FB-FAN

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

My first year at UND was '03. A good time to come to GF and enjoy some football. Beat the Bison and I got to travel to Alabama with the band for the Nat'l Championship. Obviously that is the level I'd like to see them back to. Deep playoff runs. Nat'l Championship appearances and wins.

I still think the entire landscape could have looked different had we gone D1 when NDSU did. Maybe it wouldn't, but I think we would have competed with them on the field and on the recruiting trail. It could look very different, but maybe not. None of that really matters at this point though.

I hope Jerry is the guy that can help get us there, I just don't think it is this year. I'm more concerned about our overall D. There are some guys and some flashes, but doesn't seem like enough overall talent and depth across the board. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'd say this team is certainly better than a few years back where we were constantly teetering on the edge of the polls, we seem to have somewhat solidified ourselves in the 10-15 spot recently, but have yet to take that next step. This would be a great weekend to do that. Essentially what USD did with their win over the Bison.

Need better players. Hopefully new facilities will help. Biggest issue now is Bubba and his coaches don’t have the “it” factor. No confidence exuded. Not good enough leaders for championship caliber football. New buildings won’t fix that. UND’s administration (looking at you, Chaves) is the only thing standing between UND football and true ascension. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Sadly, depreciation would start once the tires are off the lot with every inevitable sack, INT, delay of game, or incompletion. Then the search for a newer model would begin anew.

Are you somehow suggesting that fan bases at EVERY level seek to expound the virtues of the backup QB because he isn't playing and they when he plays he disappoints them?

1 minute ago, shep said:

Are you somehow suggesting that fan bases at EVERY level seek to expound the virtues of the backup QB because he isn't playing and they when he plays he disappoints them?

Yep. The backup QB hasn’t made any mistakes (yet), so there’s a big appeal there.  

7 hours ago, Dustin said:

Technically, most statistics would say otherwise.  Just sayin'...

I'm gonna end up regretting that I wrote this...sigh

Understood, and for the record I'm a Tommy fan. While he is killing it in stats, there are certainly some other intangibles I'd like to see. That is me trying to be more understanding of the critics. He has also had more playing time on the field than most get in their college career.