SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks....Cows.....playoffs @ Baxter

Wilbur

3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Midco is broadcasting it on midco. Alex and Jake are calling the game. If you stream on NCHC TV you will get the Omaha feed though. There’s an article on the GF Herald about it. 

And that feed is a dumpster fire. Their play-by-play guy is horrendous. Their camera work will make you motion sick. UNO broadcast muted with Tim and Looker on my Alexa. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

No, he got 2 minutes mid 3rd I think for pushing a guy headfirst into the end boards.

He made no contact with that player. Farmer stopped the guy flew past him and made a loud bang in the boards and Sullivan fell for it. 

• Upvote 2

(I already posted this elsewhere, but it was too much work to sit at the end of a dead thread. After all, I did MATH.)

If UND wants to advance past UNO, it will want to reignite its nation-leading PP which has been struggling since the off-week between Miami and Denver. Here's how the PP has done over UND's last eight games:

• 2/10 at DU: 2/9
  • 2/11 at DU: 0/6
  • 2/17 vs SCSU: 2/4
  • 2/18 vs SCSU: 1/3
  • 2/24 at CC: 0/4
  • 2/25 at CC: 0/4
  • 3/3 vs UNO: 1/4
  • 3/4 vs UNO: 0/3
  • TOTAL: 6 for 37=16.2% over the past eight games
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Midco is broadcasting it on midco. Alex and Jake are calling the game. If you stream on NCHC TV you will get the Omaha feed though. There’s an article on the GF Herald about it. 

The article just says they will be on NCHC.tv too. Doesn't explicitly say it won't be the UND/midco production. Hoping it's Midco feed. Preparing for the other.

4 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

The article just says they will be on NCHC.tv too. Doesn't explicitly say it won't be the UND/midco production. Hoping it's Midco feed. Preparing for the other.

This has happened before this season where Midco broadcast an away game and NCHC TV still got the home team’s announcers so I went by what happened last time. 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

This has happened before this season where Midco broadcast an away game and NCHC TV still got the home team’s announcers so I went by what happened last time. 

Not doubting you. Just holding onto a tiny sliver of hope Omaha steps aside for the greater good :D

23 hours ago, Langster019 said:

Not doubting you. Just holding onto a tiny sliver of hope Omaha steps aside for the greater good :D

For the people that don’t have Midco we will get Omaha’s crappy webcast with their horrible announcer. Take your Dramamine. 

On 3/6/2023 at 7:27 PM, Kevin G said:

(I already posted this elsewhere, but it was too much work to sit at the end of a dead thread. After all, I did MATH.)

If UND wants to advance past UNO, it will want to reignite its nation-leading PP which has been struggling since the off-week between Miami and Denver. Here's how the PP has done over UND's last eight games:

• 2/10 at DU: 2/9
  • 2/11 at DU: 0/6
  • 2/17 vs SCSU: 2/4
  • 2/18 vs SCSU: 1/3
  • 2/24 at CC: 0/4
  • 2/25 at CC: 0/4
  • 3/3 vs UNO: 1/4
  • 3/4 vs UNO: 0/3
  • TOTAL: 6 for 37=16.2% over the past eight games

Ouch, not nearly so good as of late. Yup,  need the PP to reignite to make any meaningful run. 

There hasn't been a ton to be positive about this year. After becoming a UND fan when I got to campus in 2003, we had home ice for the first round of the playoffs all through Hak's tenure, and at least the first year of Berry's. You know you can't be #1 every year, but for this program to ever be in the bottom half just seems so unacceptable to me.

That being said, I'm cautiously optimistic about this week. This team has just looked different over the past few weeks and hopefully players are gelling at the right time, and goaltending is figuring it out. You never know what can happen at this time of year and we have certainly seen some crazy things. If I recall there was a year where Hak barely snuck the team in and won the NCAA regional as a 4 seed. I believe it was the year we lost to MN with like .8 sec left to go to the championship. At least they got beat up by Union.

• Like 1

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-looking-to-win-first-road-playoff-series-since-1995

Sioux haven't won a road playoff series since 1995...Lost to Minny and DU on the road in the quarterfinal rounds since then.

Who did the Sioux beat in 1995?  Winner gets a free Fighting Hawk oven mitt from Mafiaman's collection. (jk)

• Upvote 1