SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks....Cows.....playoffs @ Baxter

Wilbur

16 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

#5&#6 on the ice in Omaha today.

I think there's an increase of players allowed on a trip in the playoffs, if I'm not mistaken.

Not gonna lie, I kind of want to see Johnson play tomorrow just for the results of what would come on here hahahaha.

• Upvote 1

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

I think there's an increase of players allowed on a trip in the playoffs, if I'm not mistaken.

Not gonna lie, I kind of want to see Johnson play tomorrow just for the results of what would come on here hahahaha.

Yeah all players can go on the road from here on out.

24 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

That would be quite the shytshow! I have to wonder why 5 even made the trip. Certainly this will be a redshirt year, although I guess he could play in a couple games and still redshirt.

14 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

That would be quite the shytshow! I have to wonder why 5 even made the trip. Certainly this will be a redshirt year, although I guess he could play in a couple games and still redshirt.

Because they are able to bring him and he's a part of the team. If he were a problem, he wouldn't be there. He's almost certainly not gonna play, but I'm sure his teammates love having him there. He's a good kid.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Because they are able to bring him and he's a part of the team. If he were a problem, he wouldn't be there. He's almost certainly not gonna play, but I'm sure his teammates love having him there. He's a good kid.

Yeah - It’s the first time all year he’s been able to practice. I’m sure everyone is thrilled to see him back on the ice practicing again. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

https://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mid,34065/Brent-Johnson/

#6 played 13 of 15 games from Oct 7-Dec 3.  Hasnt had a whiff of ice time since. 

Clearly this was not a performance issue, but some sort of off ice incident that occurred on or around December 3, 2022 or led up to it. 

Someone, change my mind on this …

I agree, it's not just a performance issue.

29 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

https://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mid,34065/Brent-Johnson/

#6 played 13 of 15 games from Oct 7-Dec 3.  Hasnt had a whiff of ice time since. 

Clearly this was not a performance issue, but some sort of off ice incident that occurred on or around December 3, 2022 or led up to it. 

Someone, change my mind on this …

It wasn't an official game, but he also started for the USA U18 exhibition game on Dec 31st as well:

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

Pretty darn cool, bet it feels great for him to be back on the ice and I bet all the players are stoked.

The players are stoked?  Me too!  With Chay Genoway back on D, I’m liking our chances!  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/dane-montgomery-practices-for-first-time-this-season

Must have been one hell of an upper body injury to keep him out all season.  Dang.

"It feels good, man," Montgomery said after the hour-long practice. "It's been a long year not being able to go out there. A lot of practices watched. It's definitely a lot better to be out there with all the boys instead of sitting in the stands and watching."

Although he's been unable to participate, Montgomery has attended practice daily all season along, sitting in Section 114. Near the end of practices, he'll often move down to the bench area.

16 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I've been told several times by multiple people that it's not an off ice issue. He just has not shown the ability to play defense and is at the bottom of the depth chart. Apparently he's still working hard and is being a solid teammate. 

Believe what you want, but sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one. 

Well said. He’s being a great teammate and trying to not be a distraction from UND winning a National Championship. 

42 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I've been told several times by multiple people that it's not an off ice issue. He just has not shown the ability to play defense and is at the bottom of the depth chart. Apparently he's still working hard and is being a solid teammate.

That's good news.
I, like most here, would expect him to hit the portal, but maybe he'll put in the work during the summer and come back this fall knowing that he has a spot higher up on the depth chart with all the off-season defense losses.

28 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Head injury. Kept occurring.

Like that year that Genoway had those concussion issues.  Glad that Monty seems to be recovered enough now to be back on the ice with the team.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

It wasn't an official game, but he also started for the USA U18 exhibition game on Dec 31st as well:

This game that Berry missed coincided with the outing of the NODAK debacle......was also last time 6 played. Coincidence?? :tinfoilhat: