SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks....Cows.....playoffs @ Baxter

Wilbur

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I honestly think it's a state of the program series for UND.  We've struggled all year, but when the chips are down are we the University of North Dakota still?  Or have we taken a step back and are we going to let Omaha do something they've never done before?  We hear the word culture a lot and that it's a special class we have.  Well if that's the case then there shouldn't be an issue this weekend and the growing Mavs shouldn't end our season correct?  

Depends what culture what shows up 

7 hours ago, PHE said:

Please stop. Not clever anymore; just annoying.

You're right it is annoying.......for some of those players who have been getting jerked around most of the season. What is also annoying? Not having a home quarterfinals conference series... for only the 2nd time in 24 years. You know what else is annoying? Having regional tickets where UND is the host again and (most likely) not being able to watch them in the NCAA tournament. This team finished 6th in the NCHC....voted preseason top 5 nationally. That's annoying too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I see this series are a potential battle of the ages. Throw out the first game (4-1) based on the young Omaha teams first look at NCHC play, the balance of the year games have all be extremely tight. Saturday nights game hinged, I believe on the following:

• What we all know of as a BS call on Omaha 29. Interference on the puck carrier? Tom knew he screwed up and made it worse with a completely ridiculous assessment on review. Put Omaha on defense for the first 2 of the third, a potential momentum killer.
  • Farmer's penalty was an obvious 5, though not even reviewed. Don't know what Cabinet was thinking, other than the mistake he made against CC earlier this year. He should have demanded a review.
  • JT made 2 mistakes that cost the Mavs dearly. Trying too hard, last game t the Ralph? Possibly.
  • Otherwise, the Mavs take second place and play CC but I am not sure that plays to benefit them as they have struggled against that team.

I am expecting a MONSTER game one, winner takes all kind of thing. I don't think that will do it. Goes 3, not making a prediction. If Omaha figures out Blake, James and Gaber, not good. If they struggle to stem the assault, we win.

38 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Farmer's penalty was an obvious 5, though not even reviewed. Don't know what Cabinet was thinking, other than the mistake he made against CC earlier this year. He should have demanded a review.

what penalty are you reffering to?  im trying to remember...the cross check to the goalie?   if thats what you are reffering to, that was his own player forcing his stick into the goalies neck

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1972 said:

what penalty are you reffering to?  im trying to remember...the cross check to the goalie?   if thats what you are reffering to, that was his own player forcing his stick into the goalies neck

No, he got 2 minutes mid 3rd I think for pushing a guy headfirst into the end boards.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

You're right it is annoying.......for some of those players who have been getting jerked around most of the season. What is also annoying? Not having a home quarterfinals conference series... for only the 2nd time in 24 years. You know what else is annoying? Having regional tickets where UND is the host again and (most likely) not being able to watch them in the NCAA tournament. This team finished 6th in the NCHC....voted preseason top 5 nationally. That's annoying too.

O.k., we get it, but you still didn't answer the question, what do drafted players have to do with it?  Oh, and this all coming from someone who used to rip Hakstol endlessly. 

47 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Does the Midco contract include quarterfinal games NOT played at REA?

23 minutes ago, ToDaClub said:

working on getting the broadcast

So this tells me that the road QF games are NOT in the Midco contract.  Glad that Midco wants to do it anyway.