SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks....Cows.....playoffs @ Baxter

Wilbur

3 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

Don’t disagree that he fell out of favor, obviously.

Why keep him around if it was an off ice issue?  The same reason they kept TJ Oshie, Jonathan Toews, Robbie Bina, Matt Greene,  and countless other players with off ice issues around and recruited players like Brandon Bochenski—they’re good at hockey. 

Not every discipline issue requires a Matt Frattin, Mitchell Miller, or Luke Voltin type response. 

But we only recruit “character” players anyway.

Okay, call it what it is, a rumor. Johnson is a Texas kid and down here in Texas the rumor is that he hasn't fully recovered from the shoulder injury he suffered in Sioux Falls. Admittedly, seems like something like that would be confirmable. Who knows.

13 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

Okay, call it what it is, a rumor. Johnson is a Texas kid and down here in Texas the rumor is that he hasn't fully recovered from the shoulder injury he suffered in Sioux Falls. Admittedly, seems like something like that would be confirmable. Who knows.

Good to know. Hate to say it, but I’d rather it be an injury issue than regression in play or character issues. 

20 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

Or everyone involved believes the best course of action is silence on the matter. An injury that just isn't healing as it should would probably fall into that category. 

16 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Schlossman might as well be on the Und payroll

Or maybe it's a private/personal matter that's just not any of our business.  It feels strange indeed and I would have liked to see him get some chances over the past couple of months, but if there's something going on that's more than level of play or practice performance, that can be kept private.  Maybe Schloss isn't pressing Brad or reporting anything because he actually knows something and is just being kind to keep it out of the public spot light. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Or everyone involved believes the best course of action is silence on the matter. An injury that just isn't healing as it should would probably fall into that category. 

Or disclosing it could hurt his options for the next level. Again, Carlos Correa....

1 hour ago, ND_Texan said:

That makes sense, if he was perfectly healthy and not getting ice he could have driven down to Sioux Falls and gotten 20+ minutes a night.

5 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Theoretically, how many conference champions would be outside of the top 16?  Just one?

If no bids are stolen, it is just one.  Did some research myself - looks like we need Minnesota State or Michigan Tech to win the CCHA; Cornell, Harvard, or Q to win the ECAC,  and can't have Notre Dame or Michigan State steal the Big 10.

Looks like the "You are the committee" tool will be available after this weekend.

18 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Schlossman might as well be on the Und payroll

Are you suggesting that Brad isn't asking tough the UND coaching staff tough questions? Your two posts are insulting and off the mark. Schloss is one of the hardest working beat writers I've ever met. He is up late at night writing stories and digging into stats for his readers. He also does a fantastic job covering college hockey in general. I've seen him after a loss in the press room. Brad and or anyone else from the local media isn't just throwing softballs at the players and coaches. Tough questions are being asked. 

18 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Has Brad ever wrote about it or is he just Barry’s puppet still?

I keep seeing from time-to-time that the media needs to hold the coaching staff accountable. Maybe this season is on the players? 

What would you like the media to ask coach Berry, @gfhockey?  It's easy to sit behind a fake moniker and toss around accusations. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yeah, ... you don't. At least that's how it used to be. 

Coaches aren't going to talk about injuries, especially this time of year. If @MafiaMan has a bad knee and we tell an opposition player like @Goon or  @Oxbow6 we might test that knee out on the ice. I think that's why they might call it a lower-body injury instead. 

16 minutes ago, Goon said:

Coaches aren't going to talk about injuries, especially this time of year. If @MafiaMan has a bad knee and we tell an opposition player like @Goon or  @Oxbow6 we might test that knee out on the ice. I think that's why they might call it a lower-body injury instead. 

Yeah, because if I knew MM had a bad knee I wouldn’t let up until they carted his carcass off the ice.