SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Pios - Chip and a chair

stoneySIOUX

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Johnson has at times looked outmatched this season but seriously there isn't a chance he could have played worse last night than 3 or 4. I have never seen talent so wasted  and mismanaged at UND......draft pick who in 2 years has 13 games.

How many minutes did 18 get last night compared to 10 19 13 11? (Yes I know 13 scored)

10 and 19 set the tone with minors seconds and minutes into the game. 

Pulling DeRidder reeked of BB desperation......again.

I didn’t think any those goals were on DeRidder. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

This team needs a massive overhaul next season and not only because of players graduating/going pro, but because a lot of the remaining pieces just aren’t very good. No reason for guys like Frisch, Kleven, Gaber, etc. to come back. 

Agree. 

10 hours ago, Siouxpoib said:

Instantly elevated the program?   We're going to miss the NCAAs for the 3rd time in 6 years.  I know that American International win was life changing, but Berry can't seem to recruit or coach. 

“Berry instantly elevates the program”. Things that make you say, huh?  I was scratching my head too after reading that statement.

9 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

We simply can’t take a penalty 13 seconds in.  Even worse, a senior member of the team. 

And I was actually excited when I heard the whistle 13 seconds into the game as I figured they were calling interference on Justin Lee who blasted Albrecht after he had dumped the puck and put a little extra into it or on an elbowing/interference penalty on Webster who hit Albrecht as he recovered from the Lee hit. Watching it live I was even thinking it looked like the elbow might have been to the head(replay showed it should have just been a 2 minute interference or elbowing penalty) and we would get a 5 minute power play to start the game. Then I saw the replay and was like !@#$, well that is a penalty on Hain for sure. Kind of got a bad feeling as we are 13 seconds into the game and Denver has committed two pretty obvious penalties and Hain had an obvious penalty but the only 1 of the 3 they called was the 3rd one committed.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, N of GF said:

College hockey expansion and NIL will kill UND hockey in the long run. No doubt about it. All we can do is hope it takes decades instead of years.

13 hours ago, Kab said:

It will

we don’t have the population base and big business base for nil

it won’t take years, it’s here 

So we are back to this "plucky little mid-major" bull$h!t again? I'll accept that when pigs fly.

• Upvote 1

Defense and goaltending continue to plague this team.

Never seen a UND group struggle so much in coverage.

Ty Farmer has been such a massive disappointment to me, really thought adding him would give you a solid 4 to rely on with Kleven, Frisch, and Jandric but it hasn't been that way at all.

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So we are back to this "plucky little mid-major" bull$h!t again? I'll accept that when pigs fly.

Show me where I’m wrong

name one business that will put up 6 figures for nil

would need to be alumni 

31 minutes ago, Kab said:

Show me where I’m wrong

name one business that will put up 6 figures for nil

would need to be alumni 

It usually is alumni that fund things like that. And no one will ever convince me that our alumni are unable or unwilling to step up.

NIL will have the biggest impact in FB and MBB. Hockey is still under the radar compared to those sports.

Bottom line: Being a mid-major in hockey is 100% unacceptable. I will not entertain that putrid notion for even one lousy second. And there is no reason it has to be that way. I think Chaves needs to stop the "wait and see" BS and start being proactive.

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Defense and goaltending continue to plague this team.

Never seen a UND group struggle so much in coverage.

Ty Farmer has been such a massive disappointment to me, really thought adding him would give you a solid 4 to rely on with Kleven, Frisch, and Jandric but it hasn't been that way at all.

Sidorski has been a pleasant surprise.