SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Pios - Chip and a chair

stoneySIOUX

Looking back on it all, I should have known better than to have hope when many here had none. I lost sight of the fact that I was watching my favorite college hockey team on CBS Sports Network. Our team don't do well there. Sorry Cratter.

Edit: It's like the Vikings on Monday night or the Twins against the Yankees... I don't know why I even hope anymore... lol

4 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Looking back on it all, I should have known better than to have hope when many here had none. I lost sight of the fact that I was watching my favorite college hockey team on CBS Sports Network. Our team don't do well there. Sorry Cratter.

Lol. I wish my prediction was wrong too.

And of course I hope UND makes the playoffs....but "Cratters Odds of Predictability" puts that at about a 10% chance.

16 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

This game was a microcosm of our season.  Bad defense, bad turnovers, bad penalties, and questionable goaltending.  Just too much to overcome.  

You nailed it for season assessment. Once down 5-3 knew it was over even with lots of time remaining in game.  No faith will be better next season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

This game was a microcosm of our season.  Bad defense, bad turnovers, bad penalties, and questionable goaltending.  Just too much to overcome.  

I can feel when we will give up a goal, always not clearing the zone or a bad pass or backs to a player behind them and boom, in the net it goes 

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Lol. I wish my prediction was wrong too.

And of course I hope UND makes the playoffs....but "Cratters Odds of Predictability" puts that at about a 10% chance.

Yeah, I get it. 10% odds is reality, but honestly it gets tiresome when people get on here and call a season "over" when the game isn't even half done. Part of being a fan is holding on to all hope that your team can pull it off. The negativity here gets frustrating. To some of us it looks like a "loser" mentality. I threw the word at you, but I hope no hard feelings.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, DAR said:

Put in Brent Johnson over Cooper Moore.....oh wait he is not on the trip.  Moore was terrible.  

I’m hearing the coaches have already written 6 off. They’re not even communicating with him anymore. We could see a conga line of players in the transfer portal in Apr.  6/18/29/32 maybe others. This coaching staff has failed in their development in favor of 5 yr transfer guys. NHL teams have to be cringing if they hear one of their prospects is going to UND. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

I’m hearing the coaches have already written 6 off. They’re not even communicating with him anymore. We could see a conga line of players in the transfer portal in Apr.  6/18/29/32 maybe others. This coaching staff has failed in their development in favor of 5 yr transfer guys. NHL teams have to be cringing if they hear one of their prospects is going to UND. 

LOL. Yeah, I'm sure the Senators are cringing the hardest having the 6th and 7th leading scorers on the team coming from UND in the past two seasons. I'm sure they've put the word out to stay away from UND!!11!!!!111

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/defensive-miscues-cost-und-in-series-opening-loss-to-denver?auth0Authentication=true

"Let's just go through each and every one because I have them embedded in my mind right now," Berry said. "The first one was a turnover by our defenseman right on their tape, Grade-A opportunity. The next two were line rushes, but they were two against three, where they made these wide passes, where the D-men in front shaded over to our strong-side 'D' and it went right across.

"The last two goals were very similar, where a guy walked right through two of our guys in the middle of the ice untouched and scored the goals. Those situations, we've been better at. But tonight, for whatever reason, we were a little bit weak in that area."

After DeRidder turned in four strong games in a row, allowing just five goals in that span, he struggled to make a key save Friday.

UND's team save percentage dropped back to .877, which is dead last in college hockey.

Berry will now have to decide whether to go back to DeRidder in the series finale or turn to Jakob Hellsten, who stopped 11 of 12 shots in relief.

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

But did we win the all important XPA?  Or is it XPC?  Wait...WAR?

I need @Oxbow6 to help me out. 

I'll defer to Schloss on how UND really should have won via the xG analytics and @Goon to break down the InStats metrics for proper perspective on last night's tilt.

11 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

How come we all see this about the D and Johnson is the odd man out, can’t figure our Berry, grasping at straws is his MO. 

Johnson has at times looked outmatched this season but seriously there isn't a chance he could have played worse last night than 3 or 4. I have never seen talent so wasted  and mismanaged at UND......draft pick who in 2 years has 13 games.

How many minutes did 18 get last night compared to 10 19 13 11? (Yes I know 13 scored)

10 and 19 set the tone with minors seconds and minutes into the game. 

Pulling DeRidder reeked of BB desperation......again.