SiouxSports.com Forum

New Coach

UND-SPORTS-FAN

29 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'd really like to know where his narrative is coming from? I don't think anyone has advocated or even thought an extension is on the table.

I said IF he extends Sather. Whether he does it or not remains to be seen.

Letting Sather coach for his job next season is also a possibility.

Chaves is an empty suit. We could do much better in that position.

10 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I said IF he extends Sather. Whether he does it or not remains to be seen.

Letting Sather coach for his job next season is also a possibility.

Chaves is an empty suit. We could do much better in that position.

It's not even worth it to respond to jdub anymore. All he does is twist peoples words or take them out of context. Then he provides statements with no reasoning or backup to those statements, all to defend the very sub-par UND athletic programs. And then say that it is us fans job to decide what to do with the current coach, who should be the next coach, and that we should all pay to get rid of them. Acting as if that is our jobs to do and not the AD/schools. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

It's not even worth it to respond to jdub anymore. All he does is twist peoples words or take them out of context. Then he provides statements with no reasoning or backup to those statements, all to defend the very sub-par UND athletic programs. And then say that it is us fans job to decide what to do with the current coach, who should be the next coach, and that we should all pay to get rid of them. Acting as if that is our jobs to do and not the AD/schools. 

Speaking of twisting words and taking out of context...

What exactly do you think happens when AD's are weighing the cost/benefit of letting a coach go and buy-outs occur? That last few big ones at UND were more than funded by general operating funds. And that is what happens across the country. 

6 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

"This is a public forum for people to post their thoughts. If you can't handle that or don't want to read that then get out. It is that simple."

7 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

"This is a public forum for people to post their thoughts. If you can't handle that or don't want to read that then get out. It is that simple."

Which is something that @jdub27has never understood. He seems to think that everything should be positive on a message board. Well, the world ain't 100% positive, so that kind of Ducky and Bunny thinking simply does not work.

• Like 1

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

Which is something that @jdub27has never understood. He seems to think that everything should be positive on a message board. Well, the world ain't 100% positive, so that kind of Ducky and Bunny thinking simply does not work.

And @HoopsFan03 thinks everybody should be negative. Shockingly, you seem to be missing the point.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Speaking of twisting words and taking out of context...

What exactly do you think happens when AD's are weighing the cost/benefit of letting a coach go and buy-outs occur? That last few big ones at UND were more than funded by general operating funds. And that is what happens across the country. 

What is the "benefit" of keeping Sather? The farther the program sinks into the abyss, the fewer butts will be in the seats of the BESC. And the farther it sinks, the harder it will be to pull out. There is ZERO buzz about MBB at UND right now. ZERO. That doesn't generate revenues.

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

And @HoopsFan03 thinks everybody should be negative. Shockingly, you seem to be missing the point.

What has there been to be positive about with UND basketball in the last 3 years? We’re the laughing stock of the Summit League. We’re a bottom 10 team in D1 basketball. It’s been miserable under Sather.

• Like 1

Just now, GoodGood said:

What has there been to be positive about with UND basketball in the last 3 years? We’re the laughing stock of the Summit League. We’re a bottom 10 team in D1 basketball. It’s been miserable under Sather.

There hasn't been much of anything to be positive about. But just because somebody doesn't think the coach is the only person at fault for all of this, doesn't make their opinion irrelevant. Simply pointing out @HoopsFan03 hypocrisy is all. 

6 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I have never once said everybody should be negative. I think that coaches should be held accountable. When you aren't doing your job you need to be let go. Hence him doing his job incorrectly more than 70% of the time over 3.5 years means that he needs to be held accountable and let go. I'm not sure how that is negative. It's being real and living in the real world

• Like 1

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

I have never once said everybody should be negative. I think that coaches should be held accountable. When you aren't doing your job you need to be let go. Hence him doing his job incorrectly more than 70% of the time over 3.5 years means that he needs to be held accountable and let go. I'm not sure how that is negative. It's being real and living in the real world

Sure. And you're completely entitled to your opinion. Just like @jdub27 is. 

See how easy that is? Welcome to a public forum.

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

There hasn't been much of anything to be positive about. But just because somebody doesn't think the coach is the only person at fault for all of this, doesn't make their opinion irrelevant. Simply pointing out @HoopsFan03 hypocrisy is all. 

There is no hypocrisy there. I can handle the Minions comments in this public forum. I have just chosen to stop interacting with a few of them because they do nothing but twist words and never have any reasoning to back up their claims. 

8 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

What is the "benefit" of keeping Sather? The farther the program sinks into the abyss, the fewer butts will be in the seats of the BESC. And the farther it sinks, the harder it will be to pull out. There is ZERO buzz about MBB at UND right now. ZERO. That doesn't generate revenues.

ZERO? Idk there was 1,600 people in the stands to watch a 7-13 team play ORU. 

31 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If you're going to be constantly negative, then don't be surprised that those people who have/use a different perspective to voice their opinions.
I don't think anyone thinks everything is perfect or even close to it. But you do you. 

23 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

ZERO? Idk there was 1,600 people in the stands to watch a 7-13 team play ORU. 

Imagine what it could be like if we had a good team!  I will say I have been surprised at the fans that have been coming.  But at what point do they stop because of a garbage team?   If we had a good team the Betty could be rocking!  

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

If you're going to be constantly negative, then don't be surprised that those people who have/use a different perspective to voice their opinions.
I don't think anyone thinks everything is perfect or even close to it. But you do you. 

I cannot help it when reality is negative. I would much rather talk about big wins, big upsets over big-name schools and how far we can get in the NCAA tournament. But those things are light years away at this point.

For the record, I think the biggest overall problem is the lack of institutional support for our athletic programs not played on ice. Unless that is solved, we could get Rick Pitino in here and it probably wouldn't work.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Not a good look for our program! 

I would imagine it was kids that were sitting close to the ORU exit

im sure the kids were excited to see such tall kids up close

Kids being kids, maybe adults should be more like kids at times