SiouxSports.com Forum

New Coach

UND-SPORTS-FAN

On 2/3/2023 at 10:22 AM, HoopsFan03 said:

This team definitely has talent though is the only issue. With a different coach and a different system we are a middle of the pack Summit team. Sather absolutely needs to go, but they need to try keep Omot, Eaglestaff, Brooks, and Norman for sure.

The new NIL agreement in college sports will forever change the landscape. It will be hard as hell to hold onto high talent moving forward.  Greisel from NDSU was given $250K when he signed with Nebraska last year, Scheierman from SDSU was given around 500K when he signed with Creighton.  That's big money- life changing for most college athletes.  Cant imagine what Grant Nelson will be offered after this year, certainly more than what Nodak Insurance is paying him.  Omot has a high ceiling and I am sure big offers will be coming his way.  Realistically, what keeps him around here???

4 minutes ago, ND1 said:

The new NIL agreement in college sports will forever change the landscape. It will be hard as hell to hold onto high talent moving forward.  Greisel from NDSU was given $250K when he signed with Nebraska last year, Scheierman from SDSU was given around 500K when he signed with Creighton.  That's big money- life changing for most college athletes.  Cant imagine what Grant Nelson will be offered after this year, certainly more than what Nodak Insurance is paying him.  Omot has a high ceiling and I am sure big offers will be coming his way.  Realistically, what keeps him around here???

Loyalty. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Maybe...TBD I guess.  Just imagine if his home town MN Gophers offered him spot next year or the year after along with say 500K from the booster club.  Loyalty win out???

Gophers should have offered him last year then.  I'm sure Dave and Ben have been aware of him.

17 minutes ago, Kab said:

So who is paying the NIL, business or the universities or some shell game to cover things up 

Businesses/Boosters. Universities can't be a part of the NIL or directly pay kids. But the boosters and businesses can directly pay kids however they want and however much they want. 

43 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Greisel from NDSU was given $250K when he signed with Nebraska last year, Scheierman from SDSU was given around 500K when he signed with Creighton.

Curious where you got these $$$ amounts? I know Scheierman got 6 figures but I don't believe it was up at the $500k amount. I feel like $250k is extremely high for Greisel as well. 

11 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

We just beat the other two teams that are just as bad as us, man! It is a lifetime contract or nothing! 

Conveniently left out the first win of the three in the row they've won. No one is pretending they've knocked off any world beaters. But they are winning close games and the ones they should. 

Like I said, some people aren't happy unless they or miserable. Or they find out that things aren't as black and white as they'd like to pretend. 

But continue to make ridiculous claims and argue things no one is saying. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Are the wins this week fun? Yes (I went to Thursday's game).

Do we still have a lot of work to do? Yes.

Who's saying anything different? Outside of a few who can't enjoy anything and need to downplay any sign of success or improvement of course. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Conveniently left out the first win of the three in the row they've won. No one is pretending they've knocked off any world beaters. But they are winning close games and the ones they should. 

Like I said, some people aren't happy unless they or miserable. Or they find out that things aren't as black and white as they'd like to pretend. 

But continue to make ridiculous claims and argue things no one is saying. 

Just laying the groundwork for some future fan forum rage. It’s a tactical move. Love the drama. 

• Upvote 1