SiouxSports.com Forum

New Coach

UND-SPORTS-FAN

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Is that going to happen for Augustana? Or has that ship sailed? How long ago was it that they initially tried to go D1?

I think it will, I remember a couple years ago it was there goal to be D1 by 2030. I know there hockey team will be playing D1 beginning next season. I may be wrong but I think the main reason the Summit didn’t accept them is because they were bringing on St Thomas and didn’t want to bring both teams at once

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, McBuckets said:

Whys that? Just dont think the Summit wants 5 Dakota schools?

The south Dakota schools will never allow it.  It would dilute the Dakota schools to much.  The south Dakota schools are the biggest biggest proponents of keeping them out 

2 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

The south Dakota schools will never allow it.  It would dilute the Dakota schools to much.  The south Dakota schools are the biggest biggest proponents of keeping them out 

The South Dakota schools are not the only schools in the Summit, so I don't think they can dictate everything.

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The South Dakota schools are not the only schools in the Summit, so I don't think they can dictate everything.

Ok none of the Dakota schools want them and face it they have a big influence on the conference 

On 3/3/2023 at 7:38 PM, McBuckets said:

Interesting I guess I don't know how the process works for adding a new team to the conference. But I don't think any of this would happen if St Thomas doesn't leave

Maybe ORU should leave again so they don’t have to play in cold weather, get rid of western and get down to 8 teams

Bill Chaves has spoken everyone! Sather isn't going anywhere! Lifetime contract!

In all seriousness though, I highly doubt they let him go this offseason. Although, him crying in the postgame presser asking to get a chance to coach them again next year was a little odd. Who knows what will happen! 

2 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Bill Chaves has spoken everyone! Sather isn't going anywhere! Lifetime contract!

In all seriousness though, I highly doubt they let him go this offseason. Although, him crying in the postgame presser asking to get a chance to coach them again next year was a little odd. Who knows what will happen! 

I don't think you are going to get your wish for a few more years.

I will throw this out there since some people like to have their thoughts and opinions pretty twisted when it comes to what my thoughts are on the coach. 

If Sather gets a 2 year extension this off-season, or they let him coach with 1 year left on his contract, I really don't have an issue with it, IF (a big IF) he can keep Omot, Eaglestaff, and Brooks. If any of those 3 leave then it is clearly a trend that he cannot keep good young talent and I think some changes need to be made. But if those 3 stay then I have no problem with keeping Sather and letting him try build off of the second half of this season going into next year.

He made good changes and adjustments in the second half of the season that I have given him credit for. The adjustments had us playing significantly better basketball down the stretch. Continue to make adjustments over the summer, get some players from the transfer portal, and build off of this past year. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Brooks is the least of our worries. He can't shoot. The other two are definitely a big worry as far as talent/potential go.  

Yeah makes it tough to play Brooks and Trent on the floor together... Brooks is able to do his thing more when Eaglestaff is at point. Plus if they get a "rim running" 5 like some have speculated.. that takes both Trent and Brooks off the floor.. can't have 3 guys on the floor that can't shoot a lick.

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Brooks is the least of our worries. He can't shoot. The other two are definitely a big worry as far as talent/potential go.  

Brooks has a very high ceiling. Sure it may not be as high as Omot or Eaglestaff but he can develop into a good player. Look at how he played at the end of the season compared to the beginning. He took big steps and played really well off the bench. He will only get better with time. He can develop a jump shot in the offseason with the right coaching and help. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Brooks shot 62% this year. Granted he only shot 22% from 3 but he only attmpted 9.

Danielson shot 30% as a freshman(24% from 3), 29% as a sophomore(24% from 3), 45% as a junior(36% from 3) and 48% this season(36% from 3)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Brooks has a very high ceiling. Sure it may not be as high as Omot or Eaglestaff but he can develop into a good player. Look at how he played at the end of the season compared to the beginning. He took big steps and played really well off the bench. He will only get better with time. He can develop a jump shot in the offseason with the right coaching and help. 

he was 2-9 this year from 3 and he's got some major hitches going on... Reality is his ceiling is probably a guy like cortez seales. Tez was 12-53 his sr year after going back and looking at his stats...

Sure UND would love to keep Elijah and see if he can get better.. Usually bad shooters are bad shooters and can maybe improve to below average.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Brooks shot 62% this year. Granted he only shot 22% from 3 but he only attmpted 9.

Danielson shot 30% as a freshman(24% from 3), 29% as a sophomore(24% from 3), 45% as a junior(36% from 3) and 48% this season(36% from 3)

Right.....

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Right.....

Brooks strength is he has a great ability to finish at the rim and he's a + defender with athleticism and strength... would be great if he wants to stay... IF he wants to leave, then you thank him his service and go find someone else.. 

Just now, SD UND said:

Brooks strength is he has a great ability to finish at the rim and he's a + defender with athleticism and strength... would be great if he wants to stay... IF he wants to leave, then you thank him his service and go find someone else.. 

He is a stronger, more athletic Brady Danielson. better defender and able to finish at the rim far better. Wasn't a great shooter in high school(33% from 3) but he has great instincts and knows how to find ways to be productive, similar to Brady in that regard.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

He is a stronger, more athletic Brady Danielson. better defender and able to finish at the rim far better. Wasn't a great shooter in high school(33% from 3) but he has great instincts and knows how to find ways to be productive, similar to Brady in that regard.

Exactly. And Brady gets praised for it and everyone wants him to come back! But now that we have it in Brooks we write him off because he didn't shoot 40% from three as a true freshman. Brooks is more athletic, a better defender, better offensively, better size, strength. True D1 Player. Make it make sense....

• Upvote 1