SiouxSports.com Forum

Primetime CO

The Sicatoka

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Never get between PrimeTime and a camera ...

He chose a conference he could win.  Stayed away from playoffs because he would have had his a$$ handed to him.  Instead will make a bunch and I would say a golden parachute.  

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

He chose a conference he could win.  Stayed away from playoffs because he would have had his a$$ handed to him.  Instead will make a bunch and I would say a golden parachute.  

He's already got 5 star recruits coming in. I think he will turn that program around quickly.

I'm not into all that social media but it's what the kids are into now so it will play well.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

He's already got 5 star recruits coming in. I think he will turn that program around quickly.

I'm not into all that social media but it's what the kids are into now so it will play well.

I believe Colorado is a rung on Deion's ladder. He wants a P2 job. 

8 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

He isn't treating these players like little boys, he is treating them like men and that's how it should be. A cold reality check for a lot of these players that have become accustomed to losing. Losing is not an option for Prime.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Filling the roster from the portal is easy for a SWAC team. Good luck filling your roster with linemen from the portal to be able to compete with the rest of the PAC12. He should be careful what linemen he chases out of there

This Deion situation bring up an interesting discussion. Deion may have the ability to bring in a massive amount of transfers with his personality and name recognition. Hypothetically, if Deion brings in a whole new team of transfers with very few players remaining from the previous year, and wins, how would the fan base view that team?

Nothing wrong with transfers, moving forward I think it’s an integral part of a college teams recruiting plan. But where’s the line in a situation like Deion and Colorado find themselves in? How many starters get replaced before a fan base would start to feel like this is no longer their team? Is there a line? I don’t know.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

This Deion situation bring up an interesting discussion. Deion may have the ability to bring in a massive amount of transfers with his personality and name recognition. Hypothetically, if Deion brings in a whole new team of transfers with very few players remaining from the previous year, and wins, how would the fan base view that team?

Nothing wrong with transfers, moving forward I think it’s an integral part of a college teams recruiting plan. But where’s the line in a situation like Deion and Colorado find themselves in? How many starters get replaced before a fan base would start to feel like this is no longer their team? Is there a line? I don’t know.

Colorado is full of people who are not from Colorado so I don't believe this will be an issue. However, this is definitely shaking things up when it comes to the portal, NIL, etc. Should be interesting to say the least.

3 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Colorado is full of people who are not from Colorado so I don't believe this will be an issue. However, this is definitely shaking things up when it comes to the portal, NIL, etc. Should be interesting to say the least.

I understand that, but don’t you think at some point it’s possible to overdo it with transfers to the point where the identity of the team and the university it represents don’t fully align? If most of the key players on NDSU’s team were transfers that the coach brought with him or came in from other places, I would feel differently about the team I think. I’ve never viewed any transfer player differently than a player who’s been with the program from the start, but if the scales started tipping the other direction in terms of the ratio of transfers, I think I would feel different about the team.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I understand that, but don’t you think at some point it’s possible to overdo it with transfers to the point where the identity of the team and the university it represents don’t fully align? If most of the key players on NDSU’s team were transfers that the coach brought with him or came in from other places, I would feel differently about the team I think. I’ve never viewed any transfer player differently than a player who’s been with the program from the start, but if the scales started tipping the other direction in terms of the ratio of transfers, I think I would feel different about the team.

IMO- For how bad Colorado has been the bandwagon will fill up pretty quickly if they win regardless the roster.  Lots of “fans” likely can’t name a player anyway but probably like the Deion hire.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

In most cases I fully agree with you. In the case of Colorado I would ask, what identity? They have been a floundering program for years. Fan support is at an all time low and they needed a shot in the arm badly. Like Sic pointed out above, this is probably a short term stop but Colorado needed to do something big and they had the balls to give it a go.

I think what Petrino did at MSU is a joke. Bringing in 40 something transfers at the FCS level is idiotic. That team had no chemistry or unity. For Colorado, I would hope he gives the guys on the current roster who deserve it a shot. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I would say it all depends on how they perform on the field. Winning solves a lot of problems. So if he brings in a ton of new players and it works, then I don't think fans are going to really care all that much.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

They went 1-11 this year, so I'm not sure many people feel positively about the current squad.  If it's a 2-year turnover window with lots of transfers and a normal level of HS recruits, I think that's fine.  If it becomes a 5-year rotating door of transfers with minimum HS recruits, I'd feel differently.

2 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

He isn't treating these players like little boys, he is treating them like men and that's how it should be. A cold reality check for a lot of these players that have become accustomed to losing. Losing is not an option for Prime.

If he can win, he'll get away with it. If he brings his players in and there isn't a marked improvement, the shine is going to wear off real quick. People love bravado when it is backed up with performance. It gets old real quick when the results don't follow.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

USC brought in 20 transfers/8 high school kids for this season.  Their fans were loving life this year other than on two occasions against Utah.  

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Never get between PrimeTime and a camera ...

The first line is where he loses me.  "We've already got of few positions taken care of because I'm brining by luggage with me"  Sounds like he is not given them a chance to earn there roster spots.  

• Upvote 2

College football at least for power 5 schools will be mirroring professional football and a lot of other sports it will be you have to win immediately. How ironic that Dion is leading way in college football like he played professionally jumping from one team to next to put together team win now and then move on never seeing long term consequences of these moves have on future of teams or what it does for all of college sports. Wonder how long before we have major scandal with players or team that shakes the credit ability  of the sport for fans and public. This now when you have added public betting into the sports and all dollars that can be used to influence players, coaches, and agents of college sports. Dion just putting this out to the general public for them to see but when this blows up it’s going to be ugly and if you have any history on this it’s happen before. The NCAA will be of know help here either they have shown how corrupt they have been on basketball scandal and I can’t imagine how it is in football side.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Big Green said:

The first line is where he loses me.  "We've already got of few positions taken care of because I'm brining by luggage with me"  Sounds like he is not given them a chance to earn there roster spots.  

Exactly the type of player he is trying to weed out of the program.  One that wouldn't be willing to put in the work to take/keep that spot.  A player with the right attitude would work twice as hard to prive him wrong.

• Upvote 1