SiouxSports.com Forum

Primetime CO

The Sicatoka

47 minutes ago, YourInSiouxCountry said:

Exactly the type of player he is trying to weed out of the program.  One that wouldn't be willing to put in the work to take/keep that spot.  A player with the right attitude would work twice as hard to prive him wrong.

If that were the case he would say No Spot are guaranteed and bringing in players to compete at each position.  I don't get the impression those spots are up of competition.  His son will be the starting QB no matter what the other QBs do.

1 hour ago, YourInSiouxCountry said:

Exactly the type of player he is trying to weed out of the program.  One that wouldn't be willing to put in the work to take/keep that spot.  A player with the right attitude would work twice as hard to prive him wrong.

My first thought was arrogant jerk. My second was, what player would give his all to excel after a statement like that. WOW.  How much money do you think he is making??? Hardly words to motivate players.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Big Green said:

If that were the case he would say No Spot are guaranteed and bringing in players to compete at each position.  I don't get the impression those spots are up of competition.  His son will be the starting QB no matter what the other QBs do.

I agree with this.

Telling kids to get in the portal and saying he's bringing he's own players in? Why stick around if you feel like he's mind is already made up, which at some positions you know that it is. I mean, he introduced his son, who's enrolled at a different school, as the starting QB already. Seems just a bit premature. Maybe it will work for him? Would definitely be fun to see Colorado be relevant again. And I'm really hoping he has things clicking on all cylinders by the start of the 2024 season....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

My only knock on what Deion told CU? It should've been closed doors no cameras. 

Honestly after watching it a couple times, I like it even more. It puts the pressure on Deion. If he doesn’t change things with “his” guys, then it’s all on him and it’s out there for the world to see it. Anyone who’s watched a Buffs game already knows the players aren’t that great.

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Just win baby! I’ll hop on that bandwagon no problem. Best stadium in college football.

Such a fun stadium. I spent 11 years in Colorado and I would go to at least one home game a year. This year it got so bad that my cousin, a CU alum, did not renew his season tickets. I think he is re-upping them as we speak.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

And for everyone saying he’s all flash, you’re wrong. He’s old school at the same time.

No hats.....no phones...coming from the guy wearing a hat and has a video crew following him constantly.

*I know he's referring to when he gets back, but still just a little bit funny...

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The "luggage he's bringing" Neon refers to is this guy: https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/shedeur-sanders/2077 

Plus his other son, who is a safety. Plus at least a handful of other kids from Jackson St. And apparently AZ's top WR is joining on as well.