SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2022

UNDBIZ

Given Montana was a top FCS team and and loves to primarily run the ball.....can see why he chose there, but sucks. Given how well Hoos did here after transferring, would think we'd look like a good option for a RB who is transferring. Hopefully we can land a good transfer yet to get some depth. 

On 5/20/2023 at 9:12 PM, GoHawks said:

Looks like this “none huge get” is going to Montana State

IMG_1371.png

To clarify, I did say I would still like to land the kid. Could end up being a stud, could end up being a dud; there is no way of knowing yet. Sure he went to Wisconsin, but he hardly proved himself there. Now, while there was no guarantee, I definitely get a little nervous about who is left out there and who we will get. Hopefully we find an impact player.

Mr Davis made the decision he believes is best for him. I wish him well ...

... except against UND should they meet, where he should fumble no fewer than four times and at least two need to be scoop-and-scores for UND. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Does it actually? Other than aerospace?

In one ranking I saw MSU was 114th for public unis and UND was 117. 

Assuming his degree would have him going thru Nistler…..so yes.

But his major is different so who knows….consumer behavior and marketplace studies?

Good news is things can change quick, but I'm starting to get a little worried about key transfers for the 2023 season. Exiting Spring ball, felt really good about this team, but also realizing they needed from the portal 1 RB, 1OLB, 1 Safety. So far, 0-2 on RB offers and to my knowledge have not offered an OLB or Safety. Thoughts? Clearly, they are trying to get a RB, but what about the other positions? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Good news is things can change quick, but I'm starting to get a little worried about key transfers for the 2023 season. Exiting Spring ball, felt really good about this team, but also realizing they needed from the portal 1 RB, 1OLB, 1 Safety. So far, 0-2 on RB offers and to my knowledge have not offered an OLB or Safety. Thoughts? Clearly, they are trying to get a RB, but what about the other positions? 

Ideally, we will see improvement from last year to this from guys who played, and development and significant improvement from our redshirts and backups.  I would think safety is biggest concern cuz of the importance of needs in secondary. Should have guys who can step up at OLB. I like our RBs, can use another bruiser to improve our depth. We should be able to customize our offense to utilize the guys we have and still be very effective. When we need a blocker, we have a stable of TE’s and Q we can move around. Sometimes, we need to adjust our scheme to adapt to our strengths rather than stay with parts of our scheme with personnel that aren’t ideal. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Ideally, we will see improvement from last year to this from guys who played, and development and significant improvement from our redshirts and backups.  I would think safety is biggest concern cuz of the importance of needs in secondary. Should have guys who can step up at OLB. I like our RBs, can use another bruiser to improve our depth. We should be able to customize our offense to utilize the guys we have and still be very effective. When we need a blocker, we have a stable of TE’s and Q we can move around. Sometimes, we need to adjust our scheme to adapt to our strengths rather than stay with parts of our scheme with personnel that aren’t ideal. 

I’m still worried about OLB. I hope you are right with guys stepping up and improving.

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

I’m still worried about OLB. I hope you are right with guys stepping up and improving.

Yeah, time will tell. I’m not sure about OLB except my thought that we should have guys ready to step in. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, AJS said:

Offer out to a JUCO corner. He holds offers from WIU and Houston Christian (Baptist). Older brother currently is on the Packers. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

132 and 124 in US News. Neither are particularity high ranking schools so neither are worth bragging.

This conversation comes up all too often. UND isn't ivy league and MSU (amongst other schools discussed on this board) is not a small time community college. They are 100% in the same conversation (big picture).

• 3 months later...
On 5/16/2023 at 5:18 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Ziebarth is unproven, could go either way. Don’t understand this concept on here that he’s gonna be a star.

It would be nice if he’s an all conference type player, and I hope it works out that way, but it’s just a pipe dream at this juncture. 

In the meantime, I completely agree with Danny’s thinking that we need to add another big, strong RB - presumably an FBS transfer. 

UND Football expert and his hot takes…