SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

49 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

So was the Jack player ejected for targeting or just a late hit and no penalty.

They threw a flag.. but also ended the game after the hit with 1:07 still remaining after about a 10 min delay.  It wasn’t helmet to helmet or anything.. but it was a late hit while the qb was sliding and the qbs head bounced off the turf a couple times.  It did not look good.  I hope the kid is ok and at least the latest reports online say he is moving all of his extremities. The way the kid reacted it Reminded me of the Tua hit.

15 minutes ago, Nodak61 said:

This is all a steaming pile of crap.

I DM'd Tom Miller earlier today though Twitter to see if any chance Matt Larsen will talk to him and give his take on what went on with UND going on the road.   Haven't heard back from him. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Could part of it be the snake oil Sam Herder sold all year about the MVFC being down? Down? Not according to Massey

Could part of it being as parochial as the NCAA not wanting too many games in ND (See: MT) and the world to see domes for FCS teams?  

Sam was not the only one.  Many east coast pundits also followed suit.  And the coaches poll.  This all lead to the committee fiasco and I'm sure Larsen and Montana AD set the stage on Saturday before Sunday final picks.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Was the hit flagged as illegal? 

Yes it was... but not reviewed for targeting or anything like that I dont believe,  If you want to watch it and you have ESPN+... you can watch all of the games its at about 2:48 in the 3hr recording.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

Yes it was... but not reviewed for targeting or anything like that I dont believe,  If you want to watch it and you have ESPN+... you can watch all of the games its at about 2:48 in the 3hr recording.

What are the rules for supplemental discipline in NCAA playoff games?    (He definitely led with his head.  The context makes it even worse - Delaware down 36, is just running the ball in their own half, killing the clock without taking a knee.)

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Really? I Googled “FCS scores” and it’s saying 7-0 Half. Strange. 

EDIT: And I refresh the screen and it’s 10-0 just 4 seconds into the third. :huh:

There was a penalty on the last play of the half, moving the ball up 15 yards for NDSU to kick a FG.  The clock was already at 0 and because of the penalty they got to run one last play.  So since the clock literally was at zero, it probably said it's halftime online, then a minute later they kicked the FG.  

8 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Outside of the COVID year and the National Championship games... Since 2011 NDSU is 30-1 in the playoffs. All home games by the way. $127,500 for a UND home game? Nope.

Thank Fargo U AD for that one. Fargo ag school is literally the devil right now for FCS football. Absolute stranglehold … and I doubt it’s all being done within the rules… 

• Upvote 1