SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Didn't they change the game times in the regionals because of the Michigan Covid fiasco, 

Yes, yes they did. 

... the list of rules modified after they "negatively impacted" UND ... 

- the 2022 FCS seeding (high bid until it's not)
- off side reviews for goals (NCAA hockey regional)
- hockey regional game times and adding the off day (the COVID fiasco)

9 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

It's never good to be the person behind a rule, or policy change that prevents screwing over other people. Good job NDSU AD. HE, AS THE MISSOURI VALLEY REP, HAD MORE ABILITY THAN ANYONE TO KEEP UND FROM GETTING SCREWED OVER. I ASSUME HE WAS IN FACT THE LEADING DRIVER OF UND GETTING THE SHAFT.

SU AD Larsen should of been so furious when this unprecedented reasoning kind of discussion started, creating a stop to such a bad decision.
UND should of called Matt out on how this went down. Maybe he tried? Some on committee have made public comments, let's hear something from Matt.
Matt keeping his mouth shut, STINKS.

I'd call this a rivalry builder implosion. This stinks of the kind of NCAA poop that used to happen in the 50's & 60's (see pic 19 posts back).

If Matt sat in his chair and chuckled to himself as sucking on his pen (no cigar), then we need to get this cat out of the bag.
Imagine the potential hype created by this.
Revealing this would be a huge team motivator on October  14, 2023 at the Hawks' Nest. 

45 minutes ago, Und246 said:

The Montana AD made a strong impression on the rest of the committee. The NDSU AD not so much. 

The Montana AD brought Glacier Distilling Company's North Fork Rye Whiskey.
The NDSU AD brought some corn hooch cooked up in a still in the corner of the meat lab where they also render fats*. 

*At NDSU tailgates, that's the corked bottle with the Crayola label that says "top shelf". ;):D 

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Revealing this would be a huge team motivator on October  14, 2023 at the Hawks' Nest. 

If your team needs something like this to motivate them against a rival and the fact that they have been getting the s#*t kicked out of them by this rival since the switch to D1 isn’t enough to motivate them it says a lot about your staff and players.

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

If your team needs something like this to motivate them against a rival and the fact that they have been getting the s#*t kicked out of them by this rival since the switch to D1 isn’t enough to motivate them it says a lot about your staff and players.

If you think something someone says on a message board has any bearing on what the staff and players actually think, it says a lot about your common sense and intelligence.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Didn't say needs, but if this Larsen stuff has some merit, going to be some fall out.

41 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

This whole first round deal benefited one team the most....NDSU! Just look at that bracket and tell me I'm wrong?

Totally agree.  I mentioned somewhere else that there's no way anybody else on the committee should have gone along with putting NDSU and SDSU on the opposite side of the bracket.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I wouldn't call 2021 a sh*t-kicking, but other than that... agreed.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Und246 said:

The committee can’t really defend themselves because they talked out of both sides of their mouth. I think they think it is better to be quiet. Maybe it will go away. 

When you find yourself in a hole and getting deeper, step one is ... drop the shovel. ;) 

My question is, based on the excellent reporting done so far, is anyone else surprised that there apparently has been no actual push back on the committee members? Herder breaks everything down perfectly in his article. We're so close. Just need someone to go with the facts and ask for an explanation. Not the one we already were given, like a true, if you made this case for Weber, why was the opposite done for Montana?

It's just so frustrating that Larson is going to be able to skate without ever answering to how this happened. There's no other way to look at what happened and come to the conclusion. NDSU - Better situation, UND - Worse, Youngstown - Worse.   Not saying that Youngstown should have been in, but man, really appears he only went to bat for one school.

24 minutes ago, AJS said:

My question is, based on the excellent reporting done so far, is anyone else surprised that there apparently has been no actual push back on the committee members? Herder breaks everything down perfectly in his article. We're so close. Just need someone to go with the facts and ask for an explanation. Not the one we already were given, like a true, if you made this case for Weber, why was the opposite done for Montana?

It's just so frustrating that Larson is going to be able to skate without ever answering to how this happened. There's no other way to look at what happened and come to the conclusion. NDSU - Better situation, UND - Worse, Youngstown - Worse.   Not saying that Youngstown should have been in, but man, really appears he only went to bat for one school.

I don't think Youngstown was even in the list of first 4 out, were they? Larson was awful for the mvfc.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AJS said:

Every time the Bucknell AD opens his mouth, he makes it worse. 

Would be interesting to see if Tom has requested an interview with Larsen.
The Montana AD has given his thoughts, so clearly they aren't barred from talking about what happened.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

If you think something someone says on a message board has any bearing on what the staff and players actually think, it says a lot about your common sense and intelligence.

I didn’t say what is said on a message board would affect how players or staff approach a game. A poster implied it would and should be a great motivator for next years game. Just pointed out that if that would be a motivator that is a bad sign for a program.