SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

Just now, Bison06 said:

If those two teams are flipped, nothing changes. This is the oddest argument I’ve ever heard.

Yes, cause being on the road at Sac St. and being on the road in Brookings are the exact same thing. Exact same thing. Time to start using your brain a bit here.

• Upvote 2

Stanford is hiring Sacramento State head coach Troy Taylor as its next HC

These things happen to successful FCS programs. Just the reality. Nice 3 season run for Sacramento State - they’ve been a much better program than the Sac State that UND saw in the Big Sky. Nice work by Troy Taylor and his staff there.

I don’t think Bubba will be leaving for an FBS program anytime soon (this is sarcasm, and not necessarily a good thing for UND). 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Yes, cause being on the road at Sac St. and being on the road in Brookings are the exact same thing. Exact same thing. Time to start using your brain a bit here.

What, other than you wanting to make your argument makes you think SDSU in brookings is a tougher matchup than Sac St at home? 

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What, other than you wanting to make your argument makes you think SDSU in brookings is a tougher matchup than Sac St at home? 

You said yourself that there are maybe 1-2 teams that can compete with NDSU at the FCS level. Assuming one of those teams is SDSU (bold, I know) are you actually saying that Sac St. was the other team?

Just now, SiouxBoys said:

You said yourself that there are maybe 1-2 teams that can compete with NDSU at the FCS level. Assuming one of those teams is SDSU (bold, I know) are you actually saying that Sac St. was the other team?

Absolutely, this year sac state was one of those teams that I think gives ndsu a lot of trouble. They were ranked 1-2 all year.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Absolutely, this year sac state was one of those teams that I think gives ndsu a lot of trouble. They were ranked 1-2 all year.

Tell me you didn't watch any of their games without actually telling me you didn't. NDSU would have gone to Sac St. next weekend and won by 25. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Sac State had no shot. Montana State / SDSU are the only two teams that have a chance at giving NDSU a competitive playoff game.

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Tell me you didn't watch any of their games without actually telling me you didn't. NDSU would have gone to Sac St. next weekend and won by 25. 

Watched every snap and every snap of ndsu football for the last 20 years. I know what type of team gives us trouble and that’s it. Incarnate word will give us trouble too. QB who can scramble to throw and extend plays has been our kryptonite for decades.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Watched every snap and every snap of ndsu football for the last 20 years. I know what type of team gives us trouble and that’s it. Incarnate word will give us trouble too. QB who can scramble to throw and extend plays has been our kryptonite for decades.

Sure, and a defense as soft as baby poop. NDSU would have rolled them by 25.

31 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Congrats! Now look at Montana St. resume and tell me why NDSU jumped them on the last day of the season. 

Keep this in mind, the Missouri Valley Conference was very, very, very down this year....

Not sure that the notion that the MVFC was very, very down this year is really correct. Sagarin, for instance, has the MVFC rated above the Big Sky (and NDSU over MSU). Watching the pathetic defense I saw in the Sac State game last night, I'd say that Sagarin is right, the 2nd place MVFC team ought to be seeded over the 2nd place Big Sky team this year.

4 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Not sure that the notion that the MVFC was very, very down this year is really correct. Sagarin, for instance, has the MVFC rated above the Big Sky (and NDSU over MSU). Watching the pathetic defense I saw in the Sac State game last night, I'd say that Sagarin is right, the 2nd place MVFC team ought to be seeded over the 2nd place Big Sky team this year.

According to the committee, you're wrong. I don't think you're wrong, but the people who make the decisions do. 

2 hours ago, Gothmog said:

NDSU has won a helluva a lot of regular-season games on the road to earn those home playoff games. That's the way it works...win in September, October and November and you'll be at home in December. If you don't like seeing them at home in the playoffs all you have to do is beat them.

I dislike NDSU as much as anybody but it's hard to argue with this.  They've earned their home playoff games. 

I don't think they should have jumped over Montana St in last rankings but I think it was done to avoid conference matchups in the semifinals if results went per seedings. 

20 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Care to tell me what happens to my argument if SDSU wins?

You’re spinning yourself in circles trying to make this losing argument. What happens to your argument if sac state wins? Ndsu is on the road the way the bracket was set up. No conspiracy, no advantage, just good old fashioned upsets. You want ndsu on the road in the playoffs? You need to win games that’s it.

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You’re spinning yourself in circles trying to make this losing argument. What happens to your argument if sac state wins? Ndsu is on the road the way the bracket was set up. No conspiracy, no advantage, just good old fashioned upsets. You want ndsu on the road in the playoffs? You need to win games that’s it.

My argument is that NDSU going on the road to Sac is a lot easier than them going on the road to SDSU. What happens if Sac wins? Well they didn't, so it sounds like my argument is pretty valid. You still have yet to give me a reason as to why NDSU jumped Montana St. on the last day of the season.

• Upvote 1