SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 11/19/2022

SiouxFan100

11 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Focusing on his feet, it appears he is lifted because he is trying to run away.

LOL. Okay. The DB started in a crouching position, hung on to his leg as he stood up, then actually left his feet a little bit as he pulled Maag's left leg upward. Maag's knee is almost head high when his right hand finally releases. He was just 'grabbing his leg', though. 

Kent Hrbeck would love this argument.

The play was over. It's clearly roughing.

Whatever. As many have said, it doesn't change the outcome. It's just more fun to talk about this instead of reading the same people bitch about the same things over and over.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, N of GF said:

LOL. Okay. The DB started in a crouching position, hung on to his leg as he stood up, then actually left his feet a little bit as he pulled Maag's left leg upward. Maag's knee is almost head high when his right hand finally releases. He was just 'grabbing his leg', though. 

Whatever. As many have said, it doesn't change the outcome. It's just more fun to talk about this instead of reading the same people bitch about the same things over and over.

Happy Thanksgiving!

As a Braves fan, this brings up bad memories. :angry: :sad:

• Upvote 1

Poor little 6’4” 210lb Maag getting bullied by big bad 5’10” 187lb Eubanks.

Like I said, soft. Our team has no gravel in their guts. Who are the guys on our team that scare the opponent? Who sets the tone? NDSU is full of guys that play with an edge, it’s their brand. They love it. We have nice guys. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Poor little 6’4” 210lb Maag getting bullied by big bad 5’10” 187lb Eubanks.

Like I said, soft. Our team has no gravel in their guts. Who are the guys on our team that scare the opponent? Who sets the tone? NDSU is full of guys that play with an edge, it’s their brand. They love it. We have nice guys. 

Yes, yes. You've made it clear how you feel about Maag. Too white, and all.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Maag and Bo aren’t too white. Our wr room certainly is though. I like Maag, really good player. Just wish he wasn’t soft. I wish the team wasn’t soft in general.

Okay.

I just wish we could discuss one specific play without it leading to a bitch-fest about the whole team. Especially when that specific play could have led to a bitch-fest about the Bison. LOL. 

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

• Upvote 1

As a former college lineman decades ago, I personally saw nothing wrong. Magg’s movement initially looked running and the player grabbed longer because of movement and momentum made it looked worse in my opinion. 

This come from a guy who hates DB’s because they talk crap or annoy by kneeing your head as you try to get off the ground from a cut block.  They knew we linemen rarely can get revenge in a game.

Linebackers and defensive line to me had more respect for each other during a game, because during the course of the game there are opportunities to settle feuds. 

As to that Happy Thanks Giving and beat Weber on Saturday!

1 hour ago, N of GF said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Clearly roughing…It’s anything but clear, it’s grey area, which is why you have a split of how people are seeing it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Judge I interned for during law school once told me, "If you ever see someone write 'clearly', it almost certainly isn't clear."  

Happy Thanksgiving!

My grandson once told me, "If someone posts that they are not trolling, it almost certain that they're a troll."

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’ve been dreaming of switching to a 4-3 for years now, especially because I don’t agree with the body types our staff employs in our system.

It would require a very different recruiting philosophy. Is it easier to get LB's here or DL's? Looking at our roster, I'd say the LB's are better than the DL's. Naturally that's out of necessity for the 3-4, but can UND get those hogs on the D?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Ok now I remember this play. Call me a homer here, but I see this as the DB not thinking Maag was down, which it appears he actually wasn’t. Maag reacted as a player who wasn’t giving himself up when he popped up, the DB interpreted him popping up as him trying to continue running and finished the tackle. I don’t see any issue here.

If anything to complain about was that the official blew the play down even though Maag wasn’t down. Not sure if the tackle was after the whistle or not so not going to complain about it.

11 minutes ago, shep said:

It would require a very different recruiting philosophy. Is it easier to get LB's here or DL's? Looking at our roster, I'd say the LB's are better than the DL's. Naturally that's out of necessity for the 3-4, but can UND get those hogs on the D?

Look at our regional piers, they have no problem finding DL bodies for their 4-3. 

16 minutes ago, shep said:

Our LB are not better than our DL

14 hours ago, shep said:

Kelly talks of reevaluating everything as Roger Thomas did years ago. Player body types, how to recruit and Matt wondered if 4-3 should be considered.

Its always great to be reviewing, evaluating and adapting with everything in life, especially football, but watch the NDSU game again, then watch 2021.  Body type, and base alignment has very little to do with why we are not prevailing against NDSU and SDSU. In fact I think the same case can be made for the spring 2021 game too.  In the last 6 games against the two best teams in FCS during that time period, we are 1-5 and very easily could be 3-3.  IMO it has far more to do with preparation, game planning and in-game coaching and adjustments.  It's the same reason we escape with a close win against an inferior opponent or last years melt-down at Missouri State.  Before you get all bent out of shape think about what I am saying and watch the film again.  Film doesn't lie.

22 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Bubba always says in his weekly press conferences "I feel like we are doing a good job with our preparation for this weeks opponent" (says the same thing almost every week) then comes Saturday and you wonder what they did all week long in practice?? Going to be a same s#$% different game I'm afraid. Offense will do what they do and the defense will s#$% the bed. Worst defense under bubba!

NDSU has scored on its first run in the Spring 2021 game and its second run last Saturday.  We need to stop with "we are prepared BS".  Bison coaches obviously saw something in film they could exploit in both cases and executed.  I guess we could just say they got "LUCKY".  Set the tone in both games.

• Like 1