SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 11/19/2022

SiouxFan100

47 minutes ago, shep said:

All 3 were contributors this season.

WHY now?

It is a very demanding program. Kramer in particular is very demanding and with them playing into January most years, there is very little time for an off season. They get 2 weeks off after the title game and are right back at it. It is not for everybody.  There is supposed to be a 4th leaving too. We will see who that is.  Of the 3 so far, the only real loss is Sigle. He is a very good CB. There are others on the roster that can replace the other 2 without missing anything.

21 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

It is a very demanding program. Kramer in particular is very demanding and with them playing into January most years, there is very little time for an off season. They get 2 weeks off after the title game and are right back at it. It is not for everybody.  There is supposed to be a 4th leaving too. We will see who that is.  Of the 3 so far, the only real loss is Sigle. He is a very good CB. There are others on the roster that can replace the other 2 without missing anything.

Lolol. Your program spends no more time than any other. Kramer is not the reason

28 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Lolol. Your program spends no more time than any other. Kramer is not the reason

other than their season has lasted 6 weeks longer than 90% of the other FCS schools for the entirety of the kids careers you may be right. And they all talk about how tough and demanding Kramer can be. Most  kids can take it and really like Kramer.  There are some that feel it is too much.

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

The commitment is crazy. Really are athletes students in that order.

Back in the DII days in the 80's, I figured I spent 40 hours a week at fb related stuff during the season and about 25 hours/week the rest of the school year.  That included practice, weight training, meetings, film sessions, travel, games, etc.  

I'm sure it is only that much more in the DI era. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Back in the DII days in the 80's, I figured I spent 40 hours a week at fb related stuff during the season and about 25 hours/week the rest of the school year.  That included practice, weight training, meetings, film sessions, travel, games, etc.  

I'm sure it is only that much more in the DI era. 

Its less. The NCAA has really restricted hours lately.  Never been easier to be a college FB player as far as time goes

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I hope we don’t get any surprises 

I hope we don't either, but kinda need to mentally get  used to a few players transferring out every year...and probably at least one surprise a year.... unfortunately. Always sucks when the season is over, and now we get to hear about guys transferring out after the season to rub some salt in the wound. Early signing day in December is nice though as we hopefully get lots of positive news each December. 

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Kramer is a huge reason. He actually has more face time with the players than the other coaches. Hes great at what he does.

Most players who have been through the program would tell you you are wrong.

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

Kramer is a huge reason. He actually has more face time with the players than the other coaches. Hes great at what he does.

Most players who have been through the program would tell you you are wrong.

It is illegal for NDSU to spend more time with their players than allowed. Kramer is not the reason why players keep transferring lately. Take off the Bison PJs and think.

23 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I think our system is too complex on d. There’s no reason an all conference grad transfer from Cal Poly should take most of the year to get comfortable. I’d much prefer a simple system that guys can easily execute at a high level at full speed than one that makes them constantly think and play slow as a result. I prefer the Wade Philips philosophy.

The Notre Dame offensive coordinator has caught a ton of flack for this sorta thing.  Its great to have a cool scheme but if the kids can't run it without thinking too hard, then it is not going to work.  

12 hours ago, UND1983 said:

My understanding is he's pretty highly regarded in the S/C community and if it weren't for his kids being in Fargo (divorced I think?), he'd probably have been poached years ago.  No idea if that's true or not.  Just what I had heard from some folks.