SiouxSports.com Forum

ACU @ UND 10/29/22

Dustin

It’s obvious that the fans aren’t excited for this game (yet…hopefully that changes)as we still deal with the hangover of the SDSU game, but I bet the players are super excited for this game to shake off the sting of last Saturday.  What do we know about this team, other than they have a much better record than we would have expected during pre-season?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/no-23-und-focusing-on-turnovers-ahead-of-matchup-with-abilene-christian?fbclid=IwAR0QO6iiRmpXQsifZrRfQpwZS67f0cIQvDnIj-07JAjslvkiTIjqV_kaS8k

this is embarrassing,

Not the article, but the fact it took a loss to reignite this focus for Bubba and his coaching staff? Turnovers should be the focus before every game. Hell, read my pregame SDSU comments on here and you’ll see I said the team that protects the ball the best will win. That’s not rocket science, it’s true for every game. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Siouxperman8 said:

"Right now we're in a slump; you've got to get one," UND coach Bubba Schweigert said. "Whether it's punching a ball out or making a pick, a lot of it is being in position to make plays and playing with confidence. It's a bit of a mentality, too. We need to make one, and it'll help our team. It needs to happen."

There is nothing in Bubba's quote that would lead anyone to think this is a new focus for the team and staff.   You are reading way more into the quote than is there in an attempt to support your position.  

News alert: UND wants to force a turnover. I’m glad.

I hope to see several forced turnovers by UND defense/special teams on 10/29/22.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

News alert: UND wants to force a turnover. I’m glad.

I hope to see several forced turnovers by UND defense/special teams on 10/29/22.

If you had only brought it up during training and offered drill techniques all would be good.  I'm since the staff were dealing with trivial stuff.  I thought you were a team player.  :xmas:

12 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Anyone know of any watch parties happening in Vegas this weekend before the hockey game?

From the REA email regarding events in LV.  I plan to be there. 

• Saturday, Oct 29 - Join fellow UND fans at the Beerhaus to watch UND football take on the Abilene Christian Wildcats! Kick-off is at 1:00 PM Pacific.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

PSA: Friends and family 4 pack of tickets for this game only $20! 

This is great, but I think shows what kind of crowd to expect on Saturday.  Hopefully 8,000 plus to support the Hawks, but my head says 5,000.

Regardless, take care of business boys. 

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

For those that will be in Vegas this weekend, there is an organized watch party at the Beerhaus. Glad they have something compared to last year. 

Thanks for posting this. We will be there. Someone told me there was a watch party at Bally's. Anyone hear anything about that?

Just win. This game scares me with an emotional game last week, plus what will be a much emptier Alerus this week. Still looking forward to getting there early and tailgating, then watching hockey on tv whenever the football game ends. This week will tell me a lot with how much this game is promoted. UND needs to be all over Twitter/Facebook/Commercials and whatever else for this game. I think everyone knows by now if they are going to Vegas or not, so anything besides start time/how to watch/listen to the game is unnecessary at this point. 

• Upvote 3