SiouxSports.com Forum

ACU @ UND 10/29/22

Dustin

On 10/24/2022 at 7:18 PM, sioux24/7 said:

For those that will be in Vegas this weekend, there is an organized watch party at the Beerhaus. Glad they have something compared to last year. 

I organized one last year in Nashville. That bar was very happy, a quiet Saturday afternoon turned into a crowded busy one. 

48 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I don't want to bring up the SDSU game too much in the ACU thread, but the fact that we are this upset about losing to #1 and many thought going into the game (and indeed half of the game itself) that we were going to win, is a huge sign of elevated expectations from the fans.

Yeah I diverted a bit with the SDSU comments, but it ties back into bouncing back from a loss.

I agree, expectations for this program should be that we can compete with and beat anyone. That is not to say that we will or will win every game. But the goal should be to be competitive and have the ability to win any game we are in.

I've said it for years, it killed us to not make the D1 jump at the same time as NDSU and SDSU. Who know what would have happened, maybe all things would have been the same. Maybe UND would have transitioned better and quicker than we did. I guess none of it matters now, BUT the goal should be to have the consistent succsess that the SU schools have found.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

No-no-no ... it's not what you say it is, or what you intend it to symbolize or mean; it's how it makes someone else feel.

LOL, well it makes me feel good but will have to wait and see if it's a win for the Cats on Saturday or not.  Hopefully it's a good game either way.

1 hour ago, Outsider said:

LOL, well it makes me feel good but will have to wait and see if it's a win for the Cats on Saturday or not.  Hopefully it's a good game either way.

No-no-no ... not how you feel or what you mean; but, how you made someone else feel is all that matters. 

55 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No-no-no ... not how you feel or what you mean; but, how you made someone else feel is all that matters. 

That is what is important in society today. I am in the middle of a several hour training on sensitivity, diversity, inclusion, etc. etc.

Part of this is some type of relaxation where you close your eyes, slow your breathing…. I was instructed to “trust the chair you are sitting on.”

This is what we teach people now??? No wonder there is a targeting call. As long as you feel comfortable targeting someone, everything is fine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Outsider said:

But it still got some good comments ;) 

Why do you have that purple taking over the green on your little crown member icon?  Is that a premonition of Saturday :) ??

It's the generic (from the hosting board software) icon for a member with between X and Y posts. 

And the green is overtaking the purple. ;) 

12 minutes ago, Outsider said:

But it still got some good comments ;) 

Why do you have that purple taking over the green on your little crown member icon?  Is that a premonition of Saturday :) ??

So what does ACU bring to the table this year, it appears that they are having a pretty good year in the WAC. 

6 minutes ago, Outsider said:

We are still a work in progress.  We had the coaching change and that has been for the better.  Dorrel was legend in the DII world, but he never made the transition to DI very well.  KP brought in a lot of transfers, especially FBS transfers.  The downside to that was a lot of these didn't have recent field experience and they had to learn to gel quickly as a team.  The team has come together very well though and even though we aren't scoring like we want, we are finding ways to win.  We have a different attitude and a different outlook.  Our primary QB, #2 Mansell, stepped aside to let the next generation step in and learn to run the RPO offense.  It's not an easy offense to learn and our OL has struggled at times as they are young.  McIvor though is beginning to step up and make better decisions.  He can both run and pass.  Mansell has now played anything from Safety to QB to punter, wherever he is needed.  Coming off the Bye week, we should have a lot of players back, especially on the OL.  Our defense has been the strongest this year than it has in years, but we will still have to work overtime with your slot receivers and screen passing.  We have both a deep room of receivers and running backs to choose from.  Expect the run first to try and open the pass.  That is what we will probably try to establish.  UND is still the team to beat in this game, but ACU hopefully won't make it easy.  Both ACU and UND are fighting for a playoff spot, so both come in highly motivated.  ACU has a very long history of football even though we have only been FCS DI for a few years.  We were a founding member of the Southland Conference before we left and came back.  The WAC has forced us to step up our game, but it is giving us opportunities to play teams like EKU and UND etc... to broaden our exposure.

Thanks for the updates!