SiouxSports.com Forum

Week #4....The Devils and Vegas....

Wilbur

7 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Man... some of you just need to go to bed. The season didn't end today. Game sucked but thus far the trip has still been great fun and I'd think about going to the next destination game, depending on where it is. I haven't seen disappointed UND fan around town, people are still having fun.

A regular season loss.  Sucks but oh well. 

This wasn’t the Frozen Four.  I’ve been at some of those semifinal losses and even then still had fun in whatever city it was in.  

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Oldguy said:

At least they have 2 years off before the next one.  However, if this team can't pull their heads out of their #$&*#&$, the Ralph won't even be a "destination" anymore.

It is not longer a destination. We cant even sell out the place anymore. Not sure what is causing it. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SKondrashkin said:

Yea this team currently sucks, but lets keep things in perspective.  

How soon we forget we’re coming off a three-peat of league titles.  That’s something nobody in our league has achieved since we did it under Blais 23 years ago.   

Sure a natty would've been nice, but, sweet jesus, the sky isn't falling.  

No one remembers League titles …… we are expecting national titles, not some consolation prize!!!

it’s either we are the top program or not!

• Like 1

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

This team can turn it on when they want, 3 goals in a minute something last week vs MN, that was fun to watch.

Gotta say congrats to ASU, good job putting in the work to come out with the W last night, they played hard and deserved the win.  Hopefully the Sioux can learn from this and be more dialed in for the full 60 as we’ve heard them all say in post game wrap ups.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

A regular season loss.  Sucks but oh well. 

This wasn’t the Frozen Four.  I’ve been at some of those semifinal losses and even then still had fun in whatever city it was in.  

We have to get to a frozen four first before we can lose in one…… 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 108498 said:

I would be ok with losing ever hockey game this year if only UND FB can find a way to make the playoffs this year. I very much want them to play at least one playoff game. I love UND football. 

Making the playoffs means nothing if we are going to lose right away. That goes for both teams and neither looks good enough right now to win a playoff game……

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Big A HG said:

What a fucking joke.  We have REA.  We have the best training facilities.  We have decades of tradition and NHL talent to recruit off of.  We host the best games in the country.

....and YET...we resort to filling out our roster with second-rate transfer portal kids because we can't recruit.  We are out-coached every game.  We are fucking NORTH DAKOTA and should be forced to play ASU 3x5 to keep the win to single digits.

What a joke.

But according to some people here, it's all about the B1G and we need to resign ourselves to being a plucky little mid-major from now on. :silly:

Seriously though, I agree with you. Post of the year candidate.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

But according to some people here, it's all about the B1G and we need to resign ourselves to being a plucky little mid-major from now on. :silly:

Who exactly are these people because I don’t know any of them.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, MafiaMan said:

Who exactly are these people because I don’t know any of them.  

I've seen comments the last couple of years stating we cannot expect to land blue chip recruits anymore because kids want that "B1G experience". They imply our days as a blueblood program are essentially over. Even the implication pisses me off.

36 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Hockey will make the tournament, they won’t win it with how this team is playing……

I'm not sure about that. Conference is a distant 3rd in OOC records so far this year. That could hurt our pairwise at the end of the season. As a conference we might not get our normal 4-6 teams in.

Long story short, we need to start sweeping opponents, ideally in regulation, or we're going to have a stressful February and March. 

2 hours ago, FightingSU said:

Sounds like you just want to be mad at someone so you’re taking it out in an easy target. Why? Because she’s wealthy? Boring. 

Not even close. I have posted many times about my distain for her. The fact she uses the hockey program and her last name is all for ego purposes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1