SiouxSports.com Forum

Week #4....The Devils and Vegas....

Wilbur

4 hours ago, siouxweet said:

Knowing the firepower MN has maybe it was a bend but don't break philosophy this past weekend especially on the big ice.  I tend to think we will see a different performance this Saturday. 

I definitely think the strategy was to make sure they didn’t get a ton of net front shots and shut down the lanes preventing the cross ice pass resulting in an empty net.

27 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Is the game a sellout?

how many UND fans will be there?

Looks like there's still a decent number of upper level tickets still available on the arena website.  A few lower level.

I'm guessing 80% UND fans, 15% ASU fans, 5% random.  :) 

Having been to all the Arizona State home games so far.

ASU does take a lot of penalties and UND just needs to stay out of the stuff after the whistle. Easier said than done but just stay out of it and take the power play.

Play the body on ASU, CC wasn't playing the body and trying to use speed and skill instead. 

Pressure on the forecheck, their goalie isn't a goalie that's going to move the puck up. Hes been caught a couple times time out of the net mishandling the puck. During one of the Colgate games, he could have caught them in a line change when on the powerplay but decided to leave the puck for one of the defense men. 

They did get behind CC with cross ice stretch passes.

They like to go down low to the wings for a one timer on the pp, I saw them keep going to Doan against Colgate on the pp.

Get someone to the front of the net/slot ASU doesn't cover it well. 

ASU should have won the first game against Duluth and should have swept Colgate. Colgate was bad and their goalie won the second game.

I'm probably forgetting something, but that's what i can think off of the top of my head.

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Looks like there's still a decent number of upper level tickets still available on the arena website.  A few lower level.

I'm guessing 80% UND fans, 15% ASU fans, 5% random.  :) 

You probably nailed the expected mix.  However I think there will be plenty of empty seats judging by the number of posts trying to offload tickets.  Curious if that's the result of alot of people waiting too long and having the "holy smokes" moment when they looked for airfare.  

2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

You probably nailed the expected mix.  However I think there will be plenty of empty seats judging by the number of posts trying to offload tickets.  Curious if that's the result of alot of people waiting too long and having the "holy smokes" moment when they looked for airfare.  

Holy smokes or Holy Sh!t???

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TheFlop said:

I looked on the AXS ticket site this morning.  There were 2023 tickets available through T-Mobile for seats that hadn't yet been sold, and another 1104 tickets already sold but available for resale through the site.  That would be about 17% of the capacity of the arena, for hockey.  Maybe 500 of those 3000+ tickets are in the lower bowl.

16 hours ago, TheFlop said:

We are coming from MSP and started looking for airfare as soon as airlines made the dates available.  Fares were really high from day 1 and only went up from there. 

On 10/25/2022 at 7:37 AM, shep said:

Holy smokes or Holy Sh!t???

Air fare out of North Dakota is terrible to begin with then add in we are charging a post pandemic premium because more people want to fly then there are seats. Glad I bought tickets this time and back in December. 

36 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Air fare out of North Dakota is terrible to begin with then add in we are charging a post pandemic premium because more people want to fly then there are seats. Glad I bought tickets this time and back in December. 

Why wouldn't you book flights immediately after booking game stubs? 

It's about 1600 miles each way.  Four guys, one car.  Each guy drives four shifts of 100 miles each.  130 to 160 gallons of gas.  Maybe costs each guy $150 bucks tops, round trip.  You're there in 24 hours.

I've done it.  Don't complain to me about flight costs.

20 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

It's about 1600 miles each way.  Four guys, one car.  Each guy drives four shifts of 100 miles each.  130 to 160 gallons of gas.  Maybe costs each guy $150 bucks tops, round trip.  You're there in 24 hours.

I've done it.  Don't complain to me about flight costs.

I’ve done the drive multiple times. Grand forks to Vegas. 

On 10/24/2022 at 2:18 PM, siouxfaninseattle said:

I'm looking for help/advice with the AXS app. There are eight of us going to the game. All the tickets are on my phone. Two of the couples are not very computer savvy. In order to transfer tickets they would need to get and operate the AXS app. The AXS app says I can transfer tickets but it doesn't say I can transfer individual tickets, i.e. two to one couple, two each to the other couples. More than likely we will all be together entering the game. I'm thinking I will just leave them all on my phone and we'll all enter at the same time. Thoughts?

As long as all of your party is entering with you, at the same time I would not see a problem. They will just scan all eight tickets from your phone.