SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday vs. Quinny the Pooh

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

1 minute ago, tnt said:

They definitely need to come up with a rule that you lose your timeout regardless of the outcome of a challenge if you use excessive time to challenge by making your goalie stall so you can check to see if it is close enough to challenge.

That should have been 2 minutes delay of game.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

We just witnessed one of the most exciting games in recent memory, even if it doesn't mean anything in the standings it felt good to win the shootout.

In one evening, we pretty much ruined Perets' chances for the Richter Award this year. 

I'm sure he'll rack up some shutouts once QU gets back into their ECAC schedule, but felt good that the boys hung 5 on him.
Hopefully another 5+ tomorrow.  ;) 

• Upvote 1

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

That should have been 2 minutes delay of game.

At the very least, they should have told him that he either needed to replace his goaltender or take a timeout. The fact that they allowed him to challenge after that long delay was insane. I assume he didn’t ask for the challenge until after the stall.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

I'm sure he'll rack up some shutouts once QU gets back into their ECAC schedule, but felt good that the boys hung 5 on him.
Hopefully another 5+ tomorrow.  ;) 

Berry slipped and said it was nice to win, even though it was a tie.  Even though it felt good, I hope they come out with fire tomorrow because you know it felt like a loss for Q, and UND can’t afford to think it was a win.

"He's good, eh?" Gaber said of Blake. "I try to watch him every day and learn things from him. The way he sees the ice. And same thing with O-Mac (McLaughlin). All four of our freshmen are unreal but those two, the way they carry the puck and see the ice, is just. . . I wish I could do it like that."

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-rallies-from-a-three-goal-deficit-to-tie-quinnipiac

• Upvote 2

This is from a QU perspective with notes from pecknold on perets,  neither team got what they wanted, but the depth held well for the Bobcats, they had flashes of what they wanted to do but did not sustain them. 

https://seamoresports.com/2022/10/15/depth-does-not-determine-the-final-und-comes-back-against-quinnipac-to-earn-5-5-overtime-tie/ 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

We just witnessed one of the most exciting games in recent memory, even if it doesn't mean anything in the standings it felt good to win the shootout.

In one evening, we pretty much ruined Perets' chances for the Richter Award this year. 

Agree about the game. Although one bad game shouldn't disqualify him from the Richter. Now, if we get 5 in Saturday night as well...

I'm at a family vacation in Florida and the number of texts I have waking up this morning about the game is insane.  I'll have to watch some highlights.  

Sounds like a great showcase for college hockey.  

I think our guys will be just fine.  The Q doesn't normally get outshot like that. 

Hain didn't look out of place on the top line. Kudos to him. He's been terrific early on.

Judd is where he needs to be.

James needs to flip flop with Kunz and IMO the 4th line tonight needs to be Strinden Kunz and Constantini.

Not sure why Albrecht barely saw the ice?

Sidorski tonight?

DeRidder needs to get back on the bike tonight. He'll be better.

Blake........goodness!

One of the most entertaining games from 110 we've watched in years. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, SeamoreSports said:

This is from a QU perspective with notes from pecknold on perets,  neither team got what they wanted, but the depth held well for the Bobcats, they had flashes of what they wanted to do but did not sustain them. 

https://seamoresports.com/2022/10/15/depth-does-not-determine-the-final-und-comes-back-against-quinnipac-to-earn-5-5-overtime-tie/ 

Fairly accurate. From the Q perspective. No mention of the delay of game BS (of course) or the penalties that Q took which tired our their D corp.

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

While QU had more blocks than UND 17-13, credit to Frisch who led all players with 8 blocks.
No one else from UND had more than one. 

That actually says something. I’ve never been overly high on Frisch, especially those early years when Bubs used to play him over Tyconick (I believe). He’s really grown on me though. Not sure if he’ll make the show but should be playing some sort of pro hockey for a while.

9 hours ago, tnt said:

They definitely need to come up with a rule that you lose your timeout regardless of the outcome of a challenge if you use excessive time to challenge by making your goalie stall so you can check to see if it is close enough to challenge.

Or have a rule that you have x amount of seconds after the whistle to challenge or you lose the opportunity to.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, tnt said:

I don't know what refs do before games, but if they ever get together to talk they need to address that. That is straight bush league.