SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday vs. Quinny the Pooh

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I’m not sure how you attend that game and come away disappointed or dwelling on the negatives when there’s so much to be excited about. A tilt between 2 or the best in the country, wow that was fun. Don’t think the Ralph’s been that loud in October since some of the early season Gopher series in the WCHA. 

I have no complaints about last night. I’m glad this team knows how to score this early in the season. We normally go out east early in the season and lay an egg or two against some mediocre opponent. We got behind big and came back with a fresh team. That’s a good way to start the season! I’m more impressed with this freshman class than I have been in awhile!

14 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i've mentioned the dropping attendance for a while now....no reason there isn't a packed house every night

Yeah no reason to move up the start times that early. Makes it harder for people from out of town to get there. 

holy cross was a boring matchup but I don’t know why a ranked Q wouldn’t be sold out. No more scheduling duds

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so how the hell did the genius refs miss this then...did they get confused as to what is the actual rule and won't admit it?

Because the reffing normally sucks in the best hockey conference in the country who have the pick of all the best referees…….. seriously need to clean house

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I thought Jackson was going to stroke out on the disallowed goal! Can't recall seeing him that worked up in a long time.

At one point I thought he was gonna jump the boards and kick the hell out of the ref or Rand.....he was pissed!

16 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so how the hell did the genius refs miss this then...did they get confused as to what is the actual rule and won't admit it?

I’m sure they thought he crossed the blue line with possession which would be automatic offsides in that circumstance.  If he chipped it, and was tracking it down, then Jamernik would have time to tag up.  It was close either way.

33 minutes ago, tnt said:

I’m sure they thought he crossed the blue line with possession which would be automatic offsides in that circumstance.  If he chipped it, and was tracking it down, then Jamernik would have time to tag up.  It was close either way.

If it was close it shouldn’t have been overruled!

#22 Owen is the fastest player @ UND with the puck I’ve seen in 2 decades. Change my mind. Creates space so well and can shimmy/stick handle through a maze.

Rocco, Gaber have different style/display of speed going wide along the wall  

Gophers always have nice skaters. This kid is next level. Fun to watch. 

• Upvote 1

Owen Mac's pass to Gaber was a thing of beauty.  He really impressed me at USA hockey arena this summer.  Blake did not overly impress at USA hockey arena, but his body of work speaks for itself, and that was a great individual effort on that goal...like amazing.  Those 2 are both likely 3-4 year players, so I am excited to see what they develop into, because it could be amazing.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Rule question regarding the controversial offsides: does Jamernik have to tag up before Caulfield crosses the blue line, or does Jamernik just have to tag up before Caulfield touches the puck?

5 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Rule question regarding the controversial offsides: does Jamernik have to tag up before Caulfield crosses the blue line, or does Jamernik just have to tag up before Caulfield touches the puck?

every player has to be out of the zone, so Jammy has to tag up before Caufield crosses the blue line

if the puck leaves and enters the offensive zone and isn't possessed by the attacking team, and attacking players are still behind the play in the offensive zone, it is a delayed offsides; requiring all attacking players to clear the offensive zone before they can legally possess the puck in the offensive zone.