SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday vs. Quinny the Pooh

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

Really good response in the 2nd and 3rd.

1st was awful. Just very soft in every area. Weak clears, passes, coverage, on the boards, etc

The overturned goal sure seemed like the wrong call to me. Looked like puck entered and tagup rule would be in effect but it’s almost like they thought our guy carried it in and ruled it that way.

After some pretty bad PPs they stepped up and delivered in the 3rd.

Goaltending has to be better. Really only 1 or 2 real soft goals but need a goalie to come up with a couple key saves on a real good chance. 

Need to be much stronger on clears too much is better than not enough.

Transition game was rough both ways for us tonight, think there is opportunity to take advantage for a quick strike or 2 if it’s sharper tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Nope you're wrong. The puck entered the zone when UND was offside but was not played until all players had left the zone.

Again, you’re wrong. I watched the play multiple times. We touched the puck across the blue before we touched up. Watch again. It’s not the player, but where the puck is when we play it.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Again, you’re wrong. I watched the play multiple times. We touched the puck across the blue before we touched up. Watch again. It’s not the player, but where the puck is when we play it.

I'm well aware of what the rule is. The problem is you're completely wrong. Judd pushes the puck into the zone, never touching it before players tag up. Their player then slices the puck up in the air, it hits the shaft of Judd's stick. Judd has both his feet outside the zone when this happens, as does the only player (Jamernik) who was offsides originally. This play is literally no different than dumping in when offside, tagging up, and then playing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

Should be a penalty for delay of game by farting around putting goal pads on

drop the puck without him 

Hey, if the goalie has THAT much issue with his equipment, make him sub out until he gets it the way he wants it. :devil:

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

The issues with this team are fixable. This team has a ton of upside, they just have to work on being more fundamentally sound in all three zones.

The last one to come, requiring the best discipline and reaction, is team defense and coverage in our own zone.  Our play tonight in that regard reminded me of last season, with a lot of new guys still figuring out the system, the "tells" for how to react, and how to cover behind a teammate who's battling on the puck.  We'll get there.

Our defensive corps, again this year, is going to be one of the nation's best.   It will take a while to gel.  The bad news is the schedule doesn't get any easier.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great game. Lots to learn from.

Either quinnipiac is the greatest shooting team in the country or that won’t happen again this season.  Goal number 4 is really the only one you can fault a goaltender for. The rest were quick release snipes. 

Jake and Alex can stop talking about who the game winning goal scorer is with 11 minutes left in a one goal game.  

Hopefully we see better d zone coverage from the forwards tomorrow and in the future. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Wrong. If you play the puck across the line, and your teammate hasn’t touched, it’s offsides. Amateurs…

Except Judd didn't play the puck across the line. He pushed it into the zone and then didn't touch it again until Jamer had tagged up. You're genuinely making up a scenario in your head and then claiming to be right. Maybe hockey isn't for you.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

Except Judd didn't play the puck across the line. He pushed it into the zone and then didn't touch it again until Jamer had tagged up. You're genuinely making up a scenario in your head and then claiming to be right. Maybe hockey isn't for you.

Easy boys... easy boys......

Frankly not sure the comeback is fully fuelled without that call going against us....

I'll take it for what it is, but still kinda feel it was exactly the Makar play reincarnate.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I'm well aware of what the rule is. The problem is you're completely wrong. Judd pushes the puck into the zone, never touching it before players tag up. Their player then slices the puck up in the air, it hits the shaft of Judd's stick. Judd has both his feet outside the zone when this happens, as does the only player (Jamernik) who was offsides originally. This play is literally no different than dumping in when offside, tagging up, and then playing. 

I think I actually see the same thing

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

The last one to come, requiring the best discipline and reaction, is team defense and coverage in our own zone.  Our play tonight in that regard reminded me of last season, with a lot of new guys still figuring out the system, the "tells" for how to react, and how to cover behind a teammate who's battling on the puck.  We'll get there.

Our defensive corps, again this year, is going to be one of the nation's best.   It will take a while to gel.  The bad news is the schedule doesn't get any easier.

I definitely like our tough non-conference schedule vs. Omaha's cupcake-filled schedule.

• Upvote 1