SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday vs. Quinny the Pooh

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

12 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Yep…goalies aren’t stealing anything. But high % scoring opps do go in from time to time. And we definitely don’t have high end tendy’s so we better clean up the dzone coverage issues.

I think we could make the argument that any of the goalies were very good on Friday. That happens sometimes. I think that I might cut the goalies on both teams some slack. JMHO. What a game to watch and be at. Amazing. 

und goal .jpg

Rand Pecknold.jpg

McLaughlin .jpg

Blake goal.jpg

10 hours ago, tnt said:

At the very least, they should have told him that he either needed to replace his goaltender or take a timeout. The fact that they allowed him to challenge after that long delay was insane. I assume he didn’t ask for the challenge until after the stall.

That was the whole point of the equipment “malfunction” I’ve played and reffed for almost 30 years I don’t ever remember seeing a part of the toe come loose on a goalie. 

39 minutes ago, Kab said:

Will the refs warn Q about the slow shenanigans they did last night?

Well, the penalty that put them on a 5-3 was, I believe, a direct result of Rand being an ass....most of the time, that gets looked over, if you are already on a kill....it was a legit penalty, tho

10 hours ago, brianvf said:

While QU had more blocks than UND 17-13, credit to Frisch who led all players with 8 blocks.
No one else from UND had more than one. 

What were the shot attempts?  I would guess that contributed to the Q's statistical lead in that category.

11 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I’m not sure how you attend that game and come away disappointed or dwelling on the negatives when there’s so much to be excited about. A tilt between 2 or the best in the country, wow that was fun. Don’t think the Ralph’s been that loud in October since some of the early season Gopher series in the WCHA. 

Such is part of our fan base, they love to be miserable. Probably makes them feel good about their shortcomings, by expecting perfection from others.  Most great teams build throughout the year and go through ups and downs and adversity here and there.  I think it is exciting that our freshmen are performing great already, and how that might translate after Christmas.  Having that comeback against a very good team is another positive to put in their recall when the next adversity hits, and remember we have depth in case injury adversity crops up.  Glass very much half full in my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, tnt said:

Such is part of our fan base, they love to be miserable. Probably makes them feel good about their shortcomings, by expecting perfection from others.  Most great teams build throughout the year and go through ups and downs and adversity here and there.  I think it is exciting that our freshmen are performing great already, and how that might translate after Christmas.  Having that comeback against a very good team is another positive to put in their recall when the next adversity hits, and remember we have depth in case injury adversity crops up.  Glass very much half full in my eyes.

And I think some people just need too much out of a game that is played by other people.   It gives them more anxiety than anything, which is a pity, since hockey is a wonderful game and a pleasure to watch, especially college hockey.   Almost as good as watching a bunch of 5-year-olds chase the puck around the ice.  

17 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Glad to see Jackson Blake on this team.  Hope he stays at least another year. 

Blake, James, and McGlaughlin could all use the training facilities for a few years to make the transition to the next level.  Being slight of frame and an 82 game schedule don’t go hand in hand. Tyson Jost could probably tell them that two or three years could benefit them, especially when James and Blake are true freshmen to begin with. If their NHL teams are smart, they won’t rush them, like Colorado did with Jost.  We know Philadelphia already tried to rush McGlaughlin by trying to sign him last summer. Would love to see all of them around when Jaden Perron and Panzer get here. That could be return to the “Speed Kills” days!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, burd said:

I wonder if anyone else thinks watching this team is a little like watching the Panzer Bros. teams. 

Oh yeah, this freshman class has speed. Then add 8, 17 and 18. There's a lot of firepower and skill. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

From the herald. The coaches still aren’t happy about the review. 

73AF38EB-E826-4C43-8F55-64220F7F4580.webp

A13F919D-EEFF-4E31-808F-45C7143B8DA3.webp

am i missing something here...the bottom photo shows the puck in the zone and bottom guy trying to tagup but still in the zone?  clearly offsides or am i a dummy?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

am i missing something here...the bottom photo shows the puck in the zone and bottom guy trying to tagup but still in the zone?  clearly offsides or am i a dummy?

Und player didn’t actually touch the puck in the ozone until the other Und player had tagged up. Should have counted as a goal

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Caulfied isn’t touching the puck and his feet are not on or across the blue line. 

• Upvote 4