SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Northern Arizona 9/17/22

SiouxFan100

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

Miller mentioned four guys. Coley and Krzanowski returned. Schultz / Ball was on the 2nd to last drive.

“UND safeties Ethan Ball and Jayson Coley, linebacker Devon Krzanowski and defensive end Casey Schultz each needed extra time to get off the field”

Good to hear

48 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

9-9, 100 YDS and 2 td's to end the game. Good thing they play all 60 minutes. Tommy f'n Gun. 

Some of the live commentary on this thread is really something. The amount of people who seem to get some sort of joy at the first sign of any struggle is wild. Not sure if people enjoy being miserable or they are excited to pound their chest about your past criticism. There's a difference between being frustrated and wanting the team to be better and some of the commentary but to each their own I guess. 

Regardless, wasn't anywhere near a perfect game (and no one is going to pretend it was), a whole bunch of officiating went against UND yet they still pulled it off against what appears to be a solid team, from behind, on the road. Those last two things were what was missing last year.

I'm going to enjoy the W, hope everyone else can for a bit. We can complain about what SIU might do to UND next week sometime tomorrow. 

tommy was 5-5 for 75 against a prevent defense and you know what they say about prevent defenses....

so we're 2-1 with wins against a winless uni and a one win crappy big sky loser nau and a loss to a bad bad nebraska team....

i think what a lot of people on here want to see is for us to play a "clean" game and not have these moments where say WTF Bubba (the FG)....WTF Kappenun...turn your head ...make a play.....the penalties the head scratchers....bad bad 3 and outs when you really need to put some points on the board.

AND NOT rely on damn trick plays to win games (fun when they work but stupid when they cost you a playoff game (richmond)...two on the last series...yes they worked but at this point in Bubba's tenure i would love to be able to control the line of scrimmage and push a soft big fluffy team around the field and win like we know what we are doing...

nice throw by tommy two gloves on the flea flicker...he had a narrowing window to get that ball there and he hit him right in the numbers...nice

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, AJS said:

Miller mentioned four guys. Coley and Krzanowski returned. Schultz / Ball was on the 2nd to last drive.

“UND safeties Ethan Ball and Jayson Coley, linebacker Devon Krzanowski and defensive end Casey Schultz each needed extra time to get off the field”

I'm hoping they were just on the turf for a minute to get everyone some oxygen.  :)

i really want bubba to succeed bc if he gets fired it would be a decade before und is good again...maybe.

kostitch is clueless when it comes to special teams...what if we needed a fg on that last drive...u think our kicker would've hit a 45 yarder as time expired to win the game..probably not

3 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Two things to point out.

CJ interception. #90 Orlando made a nice block so CJ could make his spin move.  Huge 7 point what if it was 3?

Wright's TD. He read the play correct and made a bee line to the endzone.  Play was intended for Zavalney trailing. Setting up a first down.  WTH take the TD with too much time on the clock.  

Three I can count.  Forget which defender tackled (Cole Davis)  a RS Freshman the jack on the pass in the flat.  A quick close and took the receivers legs out at the line of scrimmage.

This all happened in last two minutes.  A year ago our team didn't make those plays.

Heart attach watching but more enjoyable after the game.  Our first win in NAU land.  Wish I was there Sioux94.

Edited to add Cole Davis.  

Our ream is very Young.

So glad I didn't have to streak!! Couldn't get reception during the game so wasn't chiming in on the thread.  Although I was too nervous the whole game too anyway!  The drive home was so much better after a win.  

I was high on Smith going into the year.....but instead of lightning and thunder, I think we need thunder and lighting.....meaning I think Hoosman needs to start and then bring Smith in to offset him.  Hoosman just gets positive yards somewhat like Brady O. did.  Noticed #8 playing at the other corner pretty much the whole 4th quarter, he was playing off his guy and looked like he had some help over his way.  It's nice going to a game in person again where you can see everyone on the field on defense all of the time. 

• Upvote 3

Hoosman needs 25 touches a game. Our defense cannot be on the field as long as they were, going forward. It’s baffling that we don’t see more play action and bootlegs under center. We don’t have a gunslinger at QB, and it will help with the bad snaps. Wouldn’t be a terrible idea to copy some of what NDSU likes to do. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Bo's TD is #4 on ESPN top ten plays.  Impressive 

Tremendous individual effort on that play and he deserves all the credit.

What yesterday’s win showed me - as well as the entire season thus far - is that UND needs to keep giving the ball to Bo Belquist and Tyler Hoosman. Those two players just make plays with the ball in their hands.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i really want bubba to succeed bc if he gets fired it would be a decade before und is good again...maybe.

All comes down to who you hire. The right hire (that is, someone who has potential to leave to the FBS and not someone who is hoping to stay in Grand Forks for the rest of his life and retire …) could transform the program in just 2-3 years. 

It’s a moot point, though, since Bubba isn’t going anywhere; mostly due to lack of dollars (coaching salary pool is a laughing stock) and Chave’s obvious obsession with hockey thus propagating UND football mediocrity.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yes we have improving to do, damn near every team does

Yes, they do, but the top 10 FCS teams have far less improving to do as compared to UND.

UND isn’t playing at a top 10 level right now. Comes down to standards- at UND, the standard is to just be okay, top 25. At this juncture, I would have hoped we (UND) we’re expecting much more.

This forum is a microcosm of that evidenced by how many people are so content with UND’s 2-1 season thus far. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1