SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Northern Arizona 9/17/22

SiouxFan100

2 minutes ago, shep said:

I whined about the D and I still feel there's lots to improve.  Though give them credit they stood strong at the end. Are we on our 3 string corners?

In EVERY game the big bomb has landed. How can that happen in EVERY game?

Inexperience.  But this game bought us more experience.  We won.  Maybe next game someone steps up will a play and start to defend the deep play.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

Color guy was brutal. Worst moment was the Belquist play where he thought because the NAU player was down, it meant Bo was down as well. Also said “we have to check in the rules in that one”. 

Looking forward to Brian Shawn and the Midco crew calling games from here on out. 

I think he thought he was down because his hand was done. 

13 hours ago, UND Football Fan said:

Plays UND 58 UNA 85 

according to NCAA stats site

If you just look at team statistics, you'd be thinking NAU wins by 10+ points.  Yards gained:  448-318.  First downs 28-19.

NAU will be thinking "what if" for a day or two: two missed field goals, a pick 6 conceded, and a flea flicker in the final minute.  

UND will be thinking, I hope, we're happy to win but there's more work to improve.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dustin said:

What was the TOP?  We didn’t seem to dominate that today. 

Sure the score was close, but we were on the road - that for us has been a challenge.
I'm still at the mindset that the D won this for us, by not letting their passing game take the game away form us.

This game isn't huge, but will score points in November as compared to losing.

Two things to point out.

CJ interception. #90 Orlando made a nice block so CJ could make his spin move.  Huge 7 point what if it was 3?

Wright's TD. He read the play correct and made a bee line to the endzone.  Play was intended for Zavalney trailing. Setting up a first down.  WTH take the TD with too much time on the clock.  

Three I can count.  Forget which defender tackled (Cole Davis)  a RS Freshman the jack on the pass in the flat.  A quick close and took the receivers legs out at the line of scrimmage.

This all happened in last two minutes.  A year ago our team didn't make those plays.

Heart attach watching but more enjoyable after the game.  Our first win in NAU land.  Wish I was there Sioux94.

Edited to add Cole Davis.  

Our ream is very Young.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

The O-Line got an important piece back this week didn't they?

Hope that the injuries are too serious and everyone is good to go for SIU

Who's hurt?

The secondary had Cole Davis who got burned on a TD but also redeemed himself with a great open field tackle in the 4th Q

But he wasn't even 2 deep was he?

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The O-Line got an important piece back this week didn't they?

Hope that the injuries are too serious and everyone is good to go for SIU

Yeah Bryant was back. 

I agree on the injuries. At first, I thought maybe we were playing the game of stopping the clock but the first one at least looked like an actual injury. 

58 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Color guy was brutal. Worst moment was the Belquist play where he thought because the NAU player was down, it meant Bo was down as well. Also said “we have to check in the rules in that one”. 

Looking forward to Brian Shawn and the Midco crew calling games from here on out. 

How about the holding calls being brutal comment?

Miller mentioned four guys. Coley and Krzanowski returned. Schultz / Ball was on the 2nd to last drive.

“UND safeties Ethan Ball and Jayson Coley, linebacker Devon Krzanowski and defensive end Casey Schultz each needed extra time to get off the field”