SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Jersey/Helmet Discussion

Siouxperfan7

2 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Credit to SVP for not mistaking UND with the ag college 

If I recall, he had a Bison helmet on his desk during one of his shows years back, when the Bison run was just getting going. I think he did that because he thought they had a cool helmet. 

Mrkt deptartment should acknowledge the comment and send him a helmet. Maybe you get a little more attention there.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Grey pants, green/white jersey, and this grey helmet!!

image.thumb.png.4c338e06fed593bb62693f01c4987f32.png

That would be cool. I still think a throwback to the old interlocking ND would be cool. Even if it isn't going to be a primary logo, it would be cool for fans and alumni to see it every once in a while. 

Or instead of the North Dakota that was written, even just a NoDak.

If these are just stickers on the helmets, throw a bunch of combinations out there. I've said it for year, but I feel like UND lacks so bad with merchandising. Walk into Scheels in Fargo and the amount of Bison gear and the variety is crazy. Now it has been a while since I have been to GF so maybe it has improved, but I just think they could do more. More logos, more combinations, more variety.

Also, I love the idea of a gray helmet with a green stripe.

7 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Facemask colors can be changed out (Don't ask me to make every possible combination :D) but I think these are the best facemask/chelmet color combos for each color.

image.thumb.png.d2febd6dbab0778457a24508facac9e9.png

Kudos on the skills/work. If I am being truly honest, I can’t stand how the “North Dakota” font looks. The “D” looks terrible in my opinion.

If we took a random people poll that doesn’t have any clue of UND football and the university etc. I wonder how many people think this logo displays a “ND” ? Serious question. 

9 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Kudos on the skills/work. If I am being truly honest, I can’t stand how the “North Dakota” font looks. The “D” looks terrible in my opinion.

If we took a random people poll that doesn’t have any clue of UND football and the university etc. I wonder how many people think this logo displays a “ND” ? Serious question. 

it's not necessarily the font...it's how the N and the D would look offset on a helmet.....probably would look better with a standard collegiate font yes.

3 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

I think the transition and acceptance of a new nickname would have been much smoother had UND chosen a new “ND” logo like the ones above. They could have used that for many years then transitioned to a Hawk logo later on. I would bet that SME had an “ND” logo as one of the options.

These mock ups are fine, but I don’t think the logo needs a makeover, just offer a different helmet color.

Albeit, if the athletic department and football program actually were willing to entertain a different logo on the alternate helmet, I’d say go ahead and try it. But I think UND has put enough effort into nicknames and logos over the past 20 years for the next 100 years. Stay as far away from nicknames and logos as possible for the near future.  It’s been a waste of time and resources to say the least.

Just stick with the current logo and slap it on a nice white or all matte black helmet for an alternate 

• Upvote 2