SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Jersey/Helmet Discussion

Siouxperfan7

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree can’t do another green, would be a waste. Do either black or white. 

grey jerseys are retired, and for good reason. They were hideous. Stick to green, white, and black. 

Agree grey pants with the green tops were ugly. If we had grey pants and grey top that may have been ok with a white helmet, but probably wouldn't have wanted that wide stripe on the grey jersey pants. 

I kind of miss just having solid white pants with solid green jersey with legible white numbers. 

22 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

All comes down to money

Need someone to lead the fundraiser, reach out to UND football alumni base - which is large. We would get this thing paid for pretty quick, just need a leader to rally this thing. If no one steps up, I’ll look into it with the Alumni Association and Champions Club. 

Biggest decision/question is white or black helmet?!! 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Like herding cats

I would be flexible because I feel many designs would be cool

some others not so much

black helmets, green face mask, white top with black lettering/ wording, black bottom with minimal green striping down the side or all black....

16 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Tell that to the hockey program and the Ralph, to be fair Nodak has more history than the f hawks

Yeah, I don't need to tell that to the hockey program and the Ralph.  They have made every effort possible to not emrace the actual nickname of the University of North Dakota.  But that's a discussion for another thread :D

I'm old enough to remember helmets with a Hawk on one side and a # on the other side. 

Depending on which side of the field UND was on moving the ball north or south I'd just move from one side of the Alerus to the other so I only saw the # side of the helmet. ;)

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm old enough to remember helmets with a Hawk on one side and a # on the other side. 

Depending on which side of the field UND was on moving the ball north or south I'd just move from one side of the Alerus to the other so I only saw the # side of the helmet. ;)

actually didn't mind the #'s on the one side....

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Yeah, I don't need to tell that to the hockey program and the Ralph.  They have made every effort possible to not emrace the actual nickname of the University of North Dakota.  But that's a discussion for another thread :D

Not a single logo in the new weight room. Bunch of losers. This is why they choke every year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Not a single logo in the new weight room. Bunch of losers. This is why they choke every year.

I heard the hockey team want the Hawk logo plastered everywhere but the women's soccer team step in and said F that!

• Upvote 3