SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Jersey/Helmet Discussion

Siouxperfan7

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Even Boise has white and black alternative helmets to deviate from standard blue 

going with another version of a green helmet would be a waste in my opinion. Some people wouldn’t even notice. 

i think you go with all white or all black for a change up to the status quo - would pop out much much more 

An alternate green requires a simple swap of the face mask and sticker. Boom secondary helmet. Two helmet colors and 3 facemask colors and a couple sticker options and we have ourselves a ton of options. Its what Oregon does. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

An alternate green requires a simple swap of the face mask and sticker. Boom secondary helmet. Two helmet colors and 3 facemask colors and a couple sticker options and we have ourselves a ton of options. Its what Oregon does. 

A dumb, I don't know, question: Does the equipment guy "go through" all the helmets after every game (repair, safety checks)? 

If so, they touch every helmet every week. Making the changes to the base helmet you note really isn't adding much extra work. 

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

lots of peoples heads just exploded with your easy to follow idea........