SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 FB Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

I’m not sure Thompson, Mayville and Hillsboro having playoff games at the same time tomorrow helps us.  That will take away some fans unfortunately.   I’m going to predict 11,500 with a solid SDSU turnout in the first game being ranked #1. 

Well, initially I thought I had my tickets emailed and that did not happen….FOUR calls to the UND ticket office for help with this on-line ticket.  They said they could send me an email. Well, 4 calls and apologizing “Can I look into this and call you back?” (2:15 today was the last call)

you know, in todays society….customer service is basically defined by Siri. Siri seems to answer right away.

I hope I don’t have security called tomorrow.

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This game is big enough to be a sellout, if we win this game - it should help attendance next year.
There's getting to be that feeling  FB is making good strides at UND.
We do have some FB street buzz in GF, of course long with the TC game, but the FB one is at home.
I'm probably pushing it, but we could come close to 12K tomorrow.

BIG GAME UND fans and friends, everyone welcome - game will be worth your admission. 

And if you were a SDSU fan why wouldn’t you travel up for this game? Or do they not have that kind of fan base that travels to close games?

52 minutes ago, AJS said:

Just listened to the interview, I came away very impressed with Martinson. 

Probably because he's pretty good at his job and will talk to anyone about issues they have. But that's more work than criticizing without much reason. 

3 hours ago, AJS said:

Just listened to the interview, I came away very impressed with Martinson. 

In what way? 

- new facility upgrades beyond Memorial Village and HPC phase 2? 

- new seating options at the Alerus Center for football? End-zone and/or catwalk seating? 

- new marketing opportunities for UND football? New Alerus Center gameday ops? 

- finite plans to increase football and basketball coaching salary pool? 
- UND athletics planning to actually manage their ticket revenue in full or continue to let REA, inc. commandeer UND athletics? 

Since we joined the MVFC:
SDSU has beat NDSU all three times.
We lost in Brookings last year 24-21 and won at the Alerus 28-17 the season before.

This is our 3rd MVFC game with the Jacks - who are rated #1 in FCS.
Win here is huge for our FB program, large crowd could make the difference.

• Upvote 2

I wonder that back in Jan of 2017, if even one fan from either UND or the MVFC would of taught that to this date since we started play in the MVFC, the ALERUS would have the best record of any MVFC stadiums.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/und-officially-makes-the-move-to-the-summit-league-missouri-valley-football-conference
By Tom Miller
January 26, 2017 12:19 PM

School officials said UND football will become a member of the Missouri Valley Football Conference in 2020.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, homer said:

I believe it was just shy of 11,100.  Good crowd.  I’m calling small crowd of 8,000 for next weekend.  We just can’t get out of our way sometimes.  

We'd be lucky to get 8k after that second half, especially with Vegas. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2022 at 5:18 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

And if you were a SDSU fan why wouldn’t you travel up for this game? Or do they not have that kind of fan base that travels to close games?

Good question. I think SDSU fans have traveled well to the FBS games but we have not traveled as well to NDSU or UND. For games in Fargo, I think the difficulty in getting tickets is the primary reason otherwise there’d be a lot more SDSU fans in the Fargodome. I’ve been to three or four SDSU games in Fargo but was a challenge getting tickets (credit NDSU fans for so many sellouts). 

I gave serious consideration to driving up to Grand Forks for Saturday’s game but we had long-standing plans to visit family in Minneapolis where we’d watched the game on TV. My guess is that with a few more games between UND and SDSU interest will grow for traveling to the away games in both directions. Easy trip to Grand Forks but with essentially all games now available on TV, it’s easy to watch at home.

Years ago a trip to UND almost always ended in an SDSU loss. SDSU is much more relevant now so maybe things will change.

UND fans in Brookings are also pretty rare. I’d guess the explanation is probably the same.